- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
First crops planted in NatureFresh' Ohio greenhouse
“This is a great day for NatureFresh™ to see the first tomato plants arrive here at our new greenhouse in Ohio”, said Peter Quiring, President. In just over 6 months from the ground-breaking, NatureFresh™ built a state of the art facility that will produce locally grown greenhouse tomatoes year round. This will be a first for the state of Ohio to have locally grown tomatoes 12 months a year. “We will be heading in to 2016 with 130 acres in Leamington, ON and 15 acres in Delta, OH for a total of 145 acres under glass”, said Quiring. Construction of NatureFresh’s Phase II of 30 acres has already begun and expected to be completed by the middle of next summer.
NatureFresh™ Farms grows and markets an extensive variety of tomatoes, bell peppers, and cucumbers.
“The demand for locally grown produce is increasing year over year”, commented Ray Wowryk, Director of Business Development. “By reducing food miles and growing closer to home, consumers will have the opportunity starting in February to purchase Ohio grown tomatoes in the winter, which is a first”, said Wowryk.
NatureFresh™ unveiled its OhioRed™ brand for its new Ohio grown product recently at the PMA Fresh Summit in Atlanta. The first crop of OhioRed™ Tomatoes is expected to be ready for picking in mid-February 2016.
“The increase in our acreage in Ohio will help us provide even more product to our key retail accounts in the mid-west and in Canada”, said Wowryk.
For more information:
Tel: +1 519 326 1111
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Arboretum installs quarantine house and filtered rainwater system to further sustainability efforts
- 2022-11-30 US (WY): Enactus members construct greenhouse for Riverview residents
- 2022-11-29 Air raid shelter becomes underground farm in Clapham, south London
- 2022-11-28 Snacking trend leads to increased year-round production of mini cucumbers
- 2022-11-28 India: Krishnagiri growers are discovering the benefits of CEA
- 2022-11-28 US (AK): BIA awards T&H $2 million for greenhouse expansion project
- 2022-11-25 State media review: North Korea rewards greenhouse workers with new homes
- 2022-11-25 Influence of exogenous application of glycine betaine on strawberry
- 2022-11-23 How to install a double-layer inflated plastic
- 2022-11-22 UK: Heating system explodes on Essex farm, setting greenhouse on fire
- 2022-11-15 Maurice adopted ValkTwinRail ventilation system in its greenhouse in the Netherlands
- 2022-11-14 Texas A&M AgriLife seeks input on controlled environment agriculture
- 2022-11-11 Omaha restaurant uses greenhouse to grow their produce
- 2022-11-08 Philippines: Harnessing digitalization for smart agriculture
- 2022-11-04 US (KY): AppHarvest opens 30-acre indoor farm to grow strawberries and cucumbers
- 2022-11-04 Uzbekistan: Measures defined to support greenhouses
- 2022-11-04 "Urban greenhouses need to be intergrated with the urban environment"
- 2022-11-03 Canadian greenhouse season transitions into Mexico
- 2022-11-02 50 million USD geothermal greenhouse to be established in Kirsehir, Türkiye
- 2022-11-01 Banana growers from Hatay, Türkiye note that greenhouse production costs cause production decline