- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
First crops planted in NatureFresh' Ohio greenhouse
“This is a great day for NatureFresh™ to see the first tomato plants arrive here at our new greenhouse in Ohio”, said Peter Quiring, President. In just over 6 months from the ground-breaking, NatureFresh™ built a state of the art facility that will produce locally grown greenhouse tomatoes year round. This will be a first for the state of Ohio to have locally grown tomatoes 12 months a year. “We will be heading in to 2016 with 130 acres in Leamington, ON and 15 acres in Delta, OH for a total of 145 acres under glass”, said Quiring. Construction of NatureFresh’s Phase II of 30 acres has already begun and expected to be completed by the middle of next summer.
NatureFresh™ Farms grows and markets an extensive variety of tomatoes, bell peppers, and cucumbers.
“The demand for locally grown produce is increasing year over year”, commented Ray Wowryk, Director of Business Development. “By reducing food miles and growing closer to home, consumers will have the opportunity starting in February to purchase Ohio grown tomatoes in the winter, which is a first”, said Wowryk.
NatureFresh™ unveiled its OhioRed™ brand for its new Ohio grown product recently at the PMA Fresh Summit in Atlanta. The first crop of OhioRed™ Tomatoes is expected to be ready for picking in mid-February 2016.
“The increase in our acreage in Ohio will help us provide even more product to our key retail accounts in the mid-west and in Canada”, said Wowryk.
For more information:
Tel: +1 519 326 1111
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-24 KUBO's Eef ter Laak leaves for Canada
- 2022-01-21 How one farm cured the cold to grow year-round
- 2022-01-21 Dartford Science and Technology College raises funds to build food forest and greenhouse
- 2022-01-21 Antalya municipality donates 6,000 square meters of greenhouse nylon to growers
- 2022-01-20 Floods damage 200 hectares of vegetable greenhouses in Kumluca, Antalya
- 2022-01-20 Seeing green: Frederick-based greenhouse lettuce grower prepares for expansion
- 2022-01-19 India: Mahindra fixes cyclone damaged greenhouse
- 2022-01-14 Building a greenhouse in Central Mexico
- 2022-01-14 NL: Bom Group builds world's tallest greenhouse at Floriade
- 2022-01-13 US (IL): Yorkville being considered for industrial greenhouse
- 2022-01-13 Over 1,000 plastic greenhouses built in Tianjin, China to grow high-end fruit and vegetable
- 2022-01-11 Next-generation greenhouses will be completely solar powered
- 2022-01-10 Rolling out three new farms in the UK
- 2022-01-07 Greenhouse installations promote additional income for agricultural industry in winter
- 2022-01-06 US (OR): Aquaponics and greenhouses to grow produce year-round
- 2022-01-06 The most important green vegetable production base in Tibet grows for the region
- 2022-01-06 Nearly 190 greenhouse complexes under construction in Turkmenistan
- 2022-01-05 Another acquisition for BFG Supply: Greenhouse Megastore acquired
- 2022-01-05 A 90,000-square-meter greenhouse becomes the most advanced greenhouse in China
- 2022-01-04 "We're much more than a greenhouse builder"