The 2015 Michigan Greenhouse Growers Expo, in coordination with the Great Lakes Fruit, Vegetable and Farm Market Expo, will feature numerous sessions for greenhouse floriculture and vegetable growers. The Greenhouse Growers Expo will be held Dec. 8-9, 2015, at the DeVos Place Convention Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Highlights of this year’s conference will include information on production practices, how to become more profitable and reduce inputs, and how to grow niche crops.
Entry-level employees will learn the fundamentals of floriculture crop production from Roberto Lopez of Purdue University. The session will be offered in Spanish and English. Growers and assistant growers will also be interested in:
- Grower experiences with insect biocontrol for spring crops - a panel presentation
- Greenhouse disease control update
- Greenhouse insect control update and the latest neonicotinoid research results
- Growing leafy greens and herbs in hydroponic systems
- Keys to successful containerized herb production