- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
EU Fresh Info Forum & Round Table- Rotterdam, 1-2 Dec., 2015
San Lucar: Strategic value of information in fresh trade
Christoph Waltert, Business Excellence Manager for SanLucar Fruit, will participate as speaker within the Forum program, to discuss the strategic importance of the effective management of information in the global trade of fruits and vegetables.
“Business Excellence is the continuous search for improvements in processes and yields of any company, and in this sense, to optimize information flows is the starting point for work for efficiency,” explains Waltert.
“There are many actors involved in the daily life of an international brand, such as SanLucar, from the field to the product presentation at the point of sale”.
“That is why it is essential to review and standardize processes to prevent the possible loss of information throughout the value chain”, he adds.
Sanlucar is one of the few companies in the fruit sector which has an internal working group to ensure that information is accessible, accurate and easy to understand for everyone. In addition, the company is part of GS1, a European group dedicated to the design and implementation of global standards and solutions to improve the efficiency and visibility of supply chains.
“The reality of the market is showing us that the most successful companies in the trade of fresh products are those who consider the information management as a strategic asset for their development and future growth.”, concludes Waltert.
For more information:
Tel: +96 142 40 40 Ext. 2410
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Teen farmer selected as USDA greenhouse grant winner
- 2022-06-28 The result of the Urban Greenhouse Challenge
- 2022-06-28 Global Melon and Watermelon Event 2022
- 2022-06-28 FPC opens registrations for FPC Future & FPC Careers 2022
- 2022-06-28 One in five Organic Produce Summit attendees will be a retailer
- 2022-06-27 Photo report of the Indoor AgTech '22
- 2022-06-24 Grand Finals Urban Greenhouse Challenge #3
- 2022-06-24 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-24 2022 NCERA-101 Annual/International Meeting in Arizona
- 2022-06-24 Webinar: ‘Opportunities in crop protection in Vietnam’
- 2022-06-23 Global Produce & Floral Show launches
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"
- 2022-06-22 CAN (NS): Horticulture Conference will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in August
- 2022-06-21 German fresh-cut sector needs to catch up with countries such as the Netherlands, UK and USA
- 2022-06-21 Priva hosted an event for various ambassadors and representatives
- 2022-06-20 Light Science Technologies will share expertise at Indoor AgTech
- 2022-06-20 Brace yourselves - GreenTech pictures are here
- 2022-06-17 UKRI awards more than £8m to innovative new farming concepts
- 2022-06-17 Bye bye GreenTech - Monday it's picture time
- 2022-06-17 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses on nutrient management level 1 starts July 11