As we approach the holiday season, BioTherm likes to give "thanks" to hydronic heating. Here are just a few reasons why....
- Hot water can transport tremendous heating energy over great distances with little loss of efficiency. Once at its destination, it can be routed to bench heating, top heating, perimeter heating, bed heating and snow & ice removal.
- When using finned heating pipes, such as BioTherm® DuoFinTM, StarFinTM, or SunFin® (vs. 51mm steel pipe), fewer pipes are required to do the same heating job. This reduces shadows, cuts down installation labor using our BioTherm® fittings, no welding and eliminates water volume in a system for faster reaction time.
- Warm-floor slab heating systems use hot water to deliver heat to flood floor irrigation systems, head houses and service buildings - also helps make a pleasant work environment for your team...and is good for your plants!
- Bench top - "microclimate" systems use hot water circulating through flexible little tubes to transfer heat into the growing media. Making it perfect for propagation and/or germinating areas.
- Using very flexible and durable synthetic rubber tubing, such as MicroClimateTM or MegaTubeTM, many growers are finding that they can efficiently heat gravel, soil or sand floors with hot water.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of using hydronic heating, or need to order supplies, please contact BioTherm for more information:
476 Primero Court
Cotati, CA 94931