- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
EU: Is organic food healthier than conventional?
About organic food
Organic food is based on sustainable agriculture and processes that do not harm the environment, human health or plant and animal welfare. Products can be labelled as organic only when at least 95% of their ingredients are organic.
New EU rules
A revision of the regulation on organic production and labelling of organic products is currently under preparation. Parliament negotiators want tailored controls and physical on-site checks on all organic farms to avoid fraud.
The benefits of organic food
Parliament's science and technology unit organised a meeting with experts on 16 November to discuss the benefits of organic food. Bulgarian S&D member Momchil Nekov, who chaired the meeting, said: "Organic farming should receive more attention in the public debate as it provides investment in public health."
In general, the experts agreed that although more research is needed to assess the concrete nutritional benefits, consumers of organic foods are generally more health-minded: "There is a lack of evidence of organic crops having more significant nutritional value than conventional ones," said Bernhard Watzl, from the Max Rubner-Institut in Germany. However, Axel Mie from the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, and Johannes Kahl, from The Netherlands Food Quality and Health Association, pointed out that people who buy organic food tend to consume more fruit, vegetables, wholegrains or nuts than non-organic consumers, which benefits their health.
Source: European Parliament News
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-10-27 Canadian greenhouse grower expands organics program
- 2021-09-27 Organic shoppers demand sustainable packaging
- 2021-09-21 Greenhouse growers present on Organic Produce Summit
- 2021-09-16 The UK horticulture conference created by growers for growers is back!
- 2021-06-03 Booth registration opens for Organic Grower Summit
- 2021-06-01 Pinduoduo embarks on first-of-its-kind study into plant-based meats
- 2021-05-07 Organic pak choi grown in good Dutch soil
- 2021-04-26 The World Food Innovation Awards awards the Monterosa tomato as the best natural and organic product
- 2021-04-23 Strategic organic partnership carries over to upcoming show
- 2021-04-01 "A coherent strategy for organic is essential"
- 2021-03-31 "There are wonderful sustainable initiatives, they are just not organic"
- 2021-03-22 Judge rules: This lettuce can be organic
- 2021-03-08 Regulatory changes expected to restrict smaller companies’ ability to provide beneficial microbes
- 2021-02-01 US: Organic greenhouse tomatoes see increased demand across varieties
- 2021-01-21 Ample organic cauliflower on the market
- 2021-01-11 Both a radish and a root vegetable – the watermelon radish
- 2020-11-09 Eroski develops a new range of organic fruits and vegetables under its own brand
- 2020-11-06 Holiday herb mixes now available
- 2020-10-27 Organic sales in UK record largest rise in more than a decade
- 2020-10-27 India: Organic farming redefines Kashmir agriculture