Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Village Farms sees continued success in Q3 results
Great Northern helps Village Farms to provide strong foothold in Ontario
Michael DeGiglio, Chief Executive Officer, stated "Our repositioning strategy over the last few years is positively trending with improved success as demonstrated by our third quarter results. Our transition to increased production of exclusive varieties resulted in increased penetration and price increases in key accounts."
"As we move into the final quarter of 2015, we are excited with the launch of our new marketing and distribution agreement with Great Northern Greenhouses, one of the premier growers, in Leamington, Ontario, as it will drive a significant increase in revenues in 2016. Additionally, this new relationship will provide us with a strong foothold in Ontario, Canada for future additional market penetration. We continue to receive positive feedback from our customer base on our product innovation and pipeline of new products."
Mr. DeGiglio continued "We have made significant strides over the last three years in rebuilding most of our assets damaged in the 2012 hail storm, paying down $20 million of debt, shifting our production and market focus to adjust to changing consumer trends and furthering our production technology. We have exciting marketing partnerships and operational projects in the works for 2016 that will further enhance our operating results both for the short term and long term."
Click here to view the results.
For more information:
Stephen C. Ruffini
Village Farms International
Tel: +1 (407) 936-1190 ext. 3405
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 "We consider every aspect of bell pepper cultivation to keep moving toward energy-neutral farming"
- 2022-08-10 Nova Siri Genetics research for strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-10 Call for research needs in aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- 2022-08-10 "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- 2022-08-10 PT: Biobest steps up presence in Portugal with acquisition of Agronologica, changes name to Biobest Portugal
- 2022-08-10 4 case studies on monitoring and optimizing irrigation
- 2022-08-10 US (CA): Rotational fungicide approved for sale in CA
- 2022-08-10 New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
- 2022-08-10 Shouguang, Shandong: the capital of vegetables in China
- 2022-08-10 “Developing varieties with resistances takes time but it’s an important role we play as plant breeders”
- 2022-08-10 Western Growers mourns the passing of Hank Giclas
- 2022-08-10 India: Yara Growth invests $50M in ag-fintech company
- 2022-08-10 All Florida pesticide exams now available online
- 2022-08-09 US (ID): Syngenta debuts $15 million global vegetable seeds quality control lab
- 2022-08-09 Cualin Quality signs an agreement with Rijk Zwaan to produce Reddery RZ cherry tomatoes at its high-tech facilities
- 2022-08-09 UK: £15,000 vouchers available for horticultural, food and drink research
- 2022-08-09 Acquiring contracting companies results in Veldhoven Loonwerk
- 2022-08-09 Bowery and Arkansas Agricultural Experiment Station to develop disease-resistant spinach
- 2022-08-09 "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"