On Sunday November 1st, Mucci Farms hosted their first-annual Fundraising event; The 50K for $50K UltraMarathon.
Bert Mucci, Danny Mucci, Gianni Mucci and Nick Williamson gave their all as they ran/biked 50 km from Amherstburg, ON to our office in Kingsville ON to help raise funds for Make-A-Wish® Southwestern Ontario.
The race kicked off Sunday morning at 5:30am as Danny Mucci and Nick Williamson took off on their 50K journey. Bert Mucci followed suit and began the race at 7:30am while Gianni Mucci hopped on his bike to join at 9:00am. Despite the long road ahead of them and a bike malfunction, all four persevered and made it to the finish line at Mucci Farms headquarters in Kingsville. Bert finished with a time of 3:37:02, while Danny, Nick finished with a time of 5:56:15. Running to complete his race, Gianni finished with a time of 2:30:15.
It was a very emotional finish as Bert ran back to cheer his team on and join in their last 2K to cross the finish line.
"We were blown away by the number of businesses and supporters who hit the streets with signs and cheers of support for our team members as they passed by. It’s always great to see the community come together for a common goal!," said Bert Mucci.
"As a team, we aimed to raise $50,000 for Make-A-Wish® Southwestern Ontario so we could help families registered in our region. Two months prior to the event we reached out to the community for support online and we were absolutely blown away by the response. By the end of the fundraiser on Sunday, we raised a total of $108,740 more than doubling our original goal! Donations are still coming in…"
Celebrations continued with a Barbeque luncheon Catered by Carmen’s Catering – who later announced she had decided to donate the entire meal and services to our event in loving memory of her mom who passed away recently.
The office staff at Mucci Farms donated an additional $1775 to the cause to have IT Manager Kent Sheldon shave his hair. What a way to give back! Thanks to Kent for being such a great sport!
For more information:
Tel: +1 519-326-8881 ext.1250
Fax: +1 519-326-5917
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- Research uncovers a new approach to cooling greenhouse irrigation water
- Pepsico’s greenhouse accelerator program call for applications is now open
- What role do weeds play in the transmission of ToBRFV?
- Spain: Phase 1 of tomato glasshouse completed and operational, phase 2 underway
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "We harvest 40,000 heads of lettuce per day"
- How a New Zealand grower has built and is expanding a successful multi-fruit orchard
- Japanese Berry Pop fresh strawberry seeds now available for global markets
- Kuwait: Aeroponic greenhouse to continue country's effort to cut down import
- Spain: Cost of greenhouse tomato production up by 34% in Almería
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-22 Flemish greenhouse vegetable growers numbers grow between 2019-2021
- 2023-03-22 Huelva's blueberry and strawberry production decreased by 25% and 30%, respectively
- 2023-03-22 Horti industry development project worth $323 million implemented in Uzbekistan
- 2023-03-22 Dutch tomato towers above with peak price in February
- 2023-03-22 India: 7,000+ha of horti crops lost to hailstorm, in Karnataka
- 2023-03-21 Supply gaps imminent for California spring vegetables following record rains
- 2023-03-21 Movement of blueberries through Arizona, California, and Texas expected to increase
- 2023-03-21 Strawberry fields flooded in California’s Central Coast communities
- 2023-03-21 Singaporeans urged to ‘buy local’ due to Malaysian vegetable farms being hit by floods
- 2023-03-20 More rain for California growers and shippers to manage
- 2023-03-20 "Mini cucumbers are increasingly popular"
- 2023-03-20 First Dutch chilies come early again this year
- 2023-03-20 Russia: More than 17 thousands tons of fresh tomato from Turkmenistan were controlled so far, in 2023
- 2023-03-20 Kolhapur red chili prices up by 25+% due to supply shortages
- 2023-03-20 State Agriculture Minister sends off 7.5 tons of bird’s eye chili bound for US
- 2023-03-20 Good season for Sicilian bell peppers and excellent prospects for new carrots
- 2023-03-17 "German cucumbers are still very much in demand"
- 2023-03-17 Weaker Israeli Shekel helps fresh produce export earnings
- 2023-03-16 Could African growers alleviate European food shortages?
- 2023-03-16 Cabbage, onions, potatoes, and carrots were promoted this week