- Grower Manager Fresh Produce
- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- Conventional and organic: greenhouse grower does it all
Henk Grashoff about NatuGro:
"Netherlands: "Quicker growth and higher productivity"
Koppert Cress has four locations. Henk Grashof is team leader at the company in Maasdijk, the Netherlands. Based on advice from consultant Marjolein van der Knaap he carried out a test last year. “Differences were not detectable then,” explains Henk. In 2015 a second test was carried out in a different crop, Citrus histerix for leaf production.
The team leader wanted to see if development at a quicker pace is possible with the use of NatuGro. Now there were distinct differences with the untreated field. The young plants were treated with ProParva and ProTerrum. They had a well-developed root system compared with the untreated plants. "We saw more roots with more branches."
Thereafter Henk Grashoff treated the plants with ProTerrum, ProFortum and Natural Calcium to control vegetative growth and therefore leaves. This course is not difficult to understand: the leaves are the end product in many crops at Koppert Cress. The more leaves that are harvested before the plant is matured, the higher the sales volume. Even now the effects are remarkable. The plants are healthier and the production started very early.
"Planting of Citrus histerix was done in april. I assumed that the plants would mature in December, ready for harvesting. But the production started early. We could already harvest leaves in May. We did not have to wait with harvesting until the plants matured. The NatuGro-products ensured a spectacular production."
The root ball of a plant treated with NatuGro show a well-developed root system.
Proven added value
In consultation with Marjolein van der Knaap the team leader wishes to extend the use of NatuGro step by step to other crops. Some of our crops are not difficult to grow. But we also have crops in our range which could benefit from treatments with NatuGro. In Citrus histerix NatuGro has proven to be an effective instrument.
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
2651 BE Berkel en Rodenrijs
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-06 High-tech test and innovation center for Dutch biostimulant producer
- 2023-01-30 Transbaikalia issued warnings about incorrect pesticide and agrochemical usage
- 2023-01-18 CAN (MB): Manitoba government launches fertilizer efficiency calculator
- 2023-01-09 US (WV): WVU researcher developing technology that recycles urine for fertilizer
- 2023-01-02 How conventional and organic growers can achieve higher yields while saving on fertilizers
- 2022-12-22 Deepak Fertilisers demerges its mining chemicals and fertilizer business
- 2022-12-22 Organic fertilizer of plant-based waste flows are 'exceptionally rich in free amino acids'
- 2022-11-29 RaboResearch: After two turbulent years, fertilizer markets may start to settle in 2023
- 2022-11-25 Vietnam: Agricultural sector aims to increase use of organic fertilizer
- 2022-11-22 UK: Trafalgar Property moves into hydroponics
- 2022-11-18 "First shipment of Russian fertilizer marks breakthrough in global supply crunch"
- 2022-11-15 EU measures to ensure fertiliser supply, lower costs
- 2022-10-28 Israeli formula developed to grow tomatoes in drought
- 2022-10-17 New sustainable fertilizer production research collaboration underway
- 2022-10-10 Fertilizers and artificial fertilizer replacements from organic waste products
- 2022-09-30 Nouryon to acquire ADOB Fertilizers
- 2022-09-20 Optimum rate and deep placement of nitrogen fertilizer improves tomato yield in Nepal
- 2022-09-16 Improving plant growth, productivity, and stress management through seaweed-based biostimulants
- 2022-09-14 The same yield with less water and fewer fertilizers
- 2022-08-31 “The impact of regenerating soil with microbes from food waste is massive”