- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
- Robotic system for tomato plant lowering
- US (IN): New greenhouses to bring $258M investment, 185 jobs to South Bend
- The 10 hottest chili peppers in the world
- The pink ribbed Cassarosa tomato is awarded the 2022 Flavor of the Year award
- Growers could measure fruit and vegetable vitamin content themselves
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
Henk Grashoff about NatuGro:
"Netherlands: "Quicker growth and higher productivity"
Koppert Cress has four locations. Henk Grashof is team leader at the company in Maasdijk, the Netherlands. Based on advice from consultant Marjolein van der Knaap he carried out a test last year. “Differences were not detectable then,” explains Henk. In 2015 a second test was carried out in a different crop, Citrus histerix for leaf production.
The team leader wanted to see if development at a quicker pace is possible with the use of NatuGro. Now there were distinct differences with the untreated field. The young plants were treated with ProParva and ProTerrum. They had a well-developed root system compared with the untreated plants. "We saw more roots with more branches."
Thereafter Henk Grashoff treated the plants with ProTerrum, ProFortum and Natural Calcium to control vegetative growth and therefore leaves. This course is not difficult to understand: the leaves are the end product in many crops at Koppert Cress. The more leaves that are harvested before the plant is matured, the higher the sales volume. Even now the effects are remarkable. The plants are healthier and the production started very early.
"Planting of Citrus histerix was done in april. I assumed that the plants would mature in December, ready for harvesting. But the production started early. We could already harvest leaves in May. We did not have to wait with harvesting until the plants matured. The NatuGro-products ensured a spectacular production."
The root ball of a plant treated with NatuGro show a well-developed root system.
Proven added value
In consultation with Marjolein van der Knaap the team leader wishes to extend the use of NatuGro step by step to other crops. Some of our crops are not difficult to grow. But we also have crops in our range which could benefit from treatments with NatuGro. In Citrus histerix NatuGro has proven to be an effective instrument.
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
2651 BE Berkel en Rodenrijs
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-25 Different organic fertilization systems modify tomato quality
- 2022-01-03 "Strawberry yield and quality improved after CuO2 nanoparticle exposure"
- 2021-12-24 “Stocks of fertilizer are lower, but overall usage and demand will also be lower”
- 2021-12-24 Using biostimulants made extracted from waste water
- 2021-12-23 Root innoculant to minimize agriculture's carbon emission
- 2021-12-14 "More production in USDA-organic crop"
- 2021-12-14 Factors driving US fertilizer prices higher and higher
- 2021-12-09 Smart fertilizer company expands with new international clients
- 2021-12-01 Taiwanese team devises fertilizer that hugely boosts output
- 2021-11-30 Helping strawberries coping with autumn stress
- 2021-11-26 Bhutan to have its first bio-fertilizer company soon
- 2021-11-23 Why monitoring CO2 levels in your grow is critical
- 2021-11-23 Fertilizer management and plant nutrition guide
- 2021-11-12 How biostimulants can help plant growth
- 2021-11-08 "Sea urchin fertilizer trials show promising results"
- 2021-11-02 "Fertilizer price surge will continue"
- 2021-11-01 Sustainability in plant nutrition: healthy plants, large yields
- 2021-10-29 CAN: New bio-stimulant registered to manage transplant stress
- 2021-10-29 Irish growers address fertilizer crisis
- 2021-10-27 Philippine government asked to temper rising prices of fertilizer