- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
Turkish breeding heritage brings unique taste to global glasshouse industry
The Turkish vegetable breeder Yuksel Seeds is one of the Turkish breeders that has an extensive presence not only in the domestic industry, but also on a global scale. More greenhouse growers outside of Turkey are interested in their varieties, and the breeder is working hard on its international breeding program. Yuksel's varieties are known for their combination of authentic characteristics with commercial production capabilities.
Recently, Yuksel opened their first North American office in Leamington Ontario. Ziya Yildiz of Yuksel: "We have a large presence in our home markets on the European mainland, but we noticed increased interest from North American growers as well. Their market is being dominated by Dutch and Israeli breeders. They are playing a leading role in our industry and we highly respect all of their pioneering work. But apparently the growers are looking for the alternative that we can offer them."
Yuksel seeds will be exhibiting at the GrowTech Eurasia, from 2-5 December, at the Expo Center in Antalya, Turkey.
For more information:
T: +90 242 461 23 93
C: +90 532 414 00 17
F: +90 242 461 23 46
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-16 Colombian tropical seed bank protects seed biodiversity
- 2023-01-12 Seeds undergo radiation in space to explore biology and genetics for enhanced food security
- 2023-01-06 Towards Clavibacter-resistant tomato varieties
- 2023-01-03 Israeli company develops effortless simultaneous plant function measurements
- 2022-12-19 Saga Robotics looks back on last year
- 2022-12-15 "Precision Breeding Bill could increase investment in UK crop innovation"
- 2022-12-01 "Broccoli leaves hold key to fighting crop disease"
- 2022-11-30 "We strive to make raspberries an affordable fruit for more customers"
- 2022-11-29 Healthy seeds, and good germination with Plasma Activated Water seed treatment
- 2022-11-23 BGI-Sanya and KeyGene start collaboration on spatial transcriptomics
- 2022-11-17 Peas will grow again: New “Mendel greenhouse” opens in Brno
- 2022-11-08 IAEA and FAO send seeds into space
- 2022-11-01 Plenty of variety trials in Mexico and Canada: larger, more resistant varieties are the 'new standard'
- 2022-11-01 "The future of UK plant breeding needs more diversity, collaboration and big data"
- 2022-10-31 Precision Breeding Bill will supercharge investment in UK crop innovation
- 2022-10-25 European plant breeding academy announces outstanding student for class 6
- 2022-10-20 ToBRFV-resistant tomato varieties to be launched in Mexico
- 2022-10-14 Production started on new seedless watermelon
- 2022-10-14 The importance of digital phenotying in agriculture
- 2022-10-13 Irish tomato businesses might face delayed start to 2023 growing season