Top 5 -yesterday
- "A generational change is going on in Italy's horti sector"
- Schartner's mall-size greenhouse in Exeter still on hold after judge's ruling
- Strawberry picking robots aim to save California growers
- Monitoring thrips with image technology unique, benificial insects soon to be counted digitally
- Brazil: $1 mln investment in wasabi greenhouse production
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
Top 5 -last month
Brides say 'I do' whilst holding fruit and veg
Herbs are also being used as a bouquet too. The outlet notes that consumers making the purchase are drawn to the “symbolism” provided by their choice of herb. Lavender is said to represent devotion and undying love with thyme ticking the “courage” side of the herb symbolism worksheet.
Chris Rose, head florist for UK supermarket chain Waitrose, said "Wild and whimsical bouquets are popular, with a heady mix of flowers, foliage, herbs, and fruit and vegetables. Brides are looking for seasonal arrangements and the trend lends itself to locally sourced products."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-22 UK consumers are starting to doubt the quality of supermarket foods
- 2022-07-21 The “AirBnB” of indoor farms: Modern fresh food distribution using indoor farm as a service
- 2022-07-12 Sweden: Vertically cultivated salad now sold at online food platform
- 2022-07-11 France: Carrefour joins forces with NOUS anti-gaspi
- 2022-07-05 Solution consists entirely of FSC certified paper and a cellulose net as a viewing window
- 2022-06-27 Photo report of Finnish supermarkets
- 2022-06-21 Queensland: Drought preparedness, research, and pest control in $608 million budget
- 2022-05-27 UAE: Coop indoor farm covers 30% of the consumption of cooperative branches
- 2022-05-26 Organic salad bowls now in separable cardboard tray
- 2022-05-09 Discounter offers cucumbers for €4.65 per kg
- 2022-05-03 Why are vegetables grown in Singapore pricier than imported greens?
- 2022-03-21 Japanese artist carves gorgeous objects from fruits and vegetables
- 2022-03-14 Date marking related visual cues can reduce food waste
- 2022-02-11 Green Life Farms supplies herbs and leafy greens to Farmer Joe’s market
- 2022-02-09 “As long as the French origin is not on the market, we will not sell any strawberries”
- 2022-01-20 Lidl gives green light to LEAF Marque on UK fresh produce
- 2021-11-05 "Greenhouse ginger has a stronger flavor than imported ginger"
- 2021-10-01 Tesco applies strict measures for UK growers
- 2021-09-14 Australian industry faces largest rise in food prices in more than a decade
- 2021-08-30 More visibility for regionality and the strengthening of Austrian producers