- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
220 hectare organic grower Green Park:
Organic farming taking off in China
Green Park Huanggang has a website to inform consumers about organic farming. On the website, 'Grow Diaries' the company explains the growing processes of the different crops that are cultivated on the farm. People that want to spend a day in the countryside can also visit the farm and participate in tours organized by the company.
“We are one of the biggest organic farms in Central China. Throughout the year, we grow a number of fruits and vegetables. Our organic vegetable acreage occupies around 120 hectares and our organic fruit production covers 100 hectares. Our three main products are tomatoes, potatoes and sweet potatoes,” says Chen.
The products of Green Park Huanggang are sold in supermarkets at the South Coast of China. Trade is done via suppliers. “Our products can now be found in supermarkets in Guangzhou and Shenzhen. We are looking for business opportunities in Shanghai and Beijing. Compared to regular products, the price difference with organic products is not extreme. Therefore we can reach new customers relatively easily.”
“Eventually we want to expand our business abroad. For now, we are not actively pursuing this. We are still a young company and there are a number of risks in the industry. Our biggest risk are the unpredictable market conditions. Therefore we want to strengthen our local base and market position first.”
Green Park Huanggang Mining Agricultural Development
Telephone number: +8613650384495
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-01 Organic consumption holds up if the supply range is extended
- 2022-10-18 Organic Grower Summit 2022 announces Grower of the Year
- 2022-09-23 Texas A&M AgriLife research to improve organic spinach production
- 2022-08-09 Cost Share Organic Certification Fee application period still open
- 2022-07-07 Revamped baby leaf containers to debut at Organic Produce Summit
- 2022-02-24 Consultants in organic farming get to the heart of the matter with growers
- 2022-02-01 U.S. organic produce sales top $9 billion in 2021
- 2021-10-27 Canadian greenhouse grower expands organics program
- 2021-09-27 Organic shoppers demand sustainable packaging
- 2021-09-21 Greenhouse growers present on Organic Produce Summit
- 2021-09-16 The UK horticulture conference created by growers for growers is back!
- 2021-06-03 Booth registration opens for Organic Grower Summit
- 2021-06-01 Pinduoduo embarks on first-of-its-kind study into plant-based meats
- 2021-05-07 Organic pak choi grown in good Dutch soil
- 2021-04-26 The World Food Innovation Awards awards the Monterosa tomato as the best natural and organic product
- 2021-04-23 Strategic organic partnership carries over to upcoming show
- 2021-04-01 "A coherent strategy for organic is essential"
- 2021-03-31 "There are wonderful sustainable initiatives, they are just not organic"
- 2021-03-22 Judge rules: This lettuce can be organic
- 2021-03-08 Regulatory changes expected to restrict smaller companies’ ability to provide beneficial microbes