- Reduce the waste of perishables by 14%: a worth of USD 7.5 billion
- Create a 10% reduction in food prices and hunger: Rural income would also increase as farmers transport their crops in refrigerated trucks.
- Reduce healthcare costs: improved cold chains would reduce the 90 million annually recorded cases of food-borne diseases
- 10-20% reduction of emissions: modern, energy efficient technologies and new refrigerants can reduce emissions of both vehicles and warehouses by 10-20%.
Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Investment in railway cold chains required to meet China’s demand for perishable food
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 Snacking vegetable market continuing to grow despite global challenges
- 2022-08-10 NZ: Microgreens business bounces back after Covid
- 2022-08-10 Southeastern European countries importing more and more fresh fruits and vegetables
- 2022-08-09 Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
- 2022-08-09 Canada again puts import requirements on US romaine lettuce
- 2022-08-09 Unusual heat doubled tomato prices in Tajikistan
- 2022-08-09 South Korea: Oversupply of smart farming vegetables calls for more supply platforms
- 2022-08-08 US: Updates and annual facility certification for the offshore greenhouse certification program
- 2022-08-08 Hungary: What are the challenges and opportunities today for horti growers?
- 2022-07-22 GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW CUCUMBER
- 2022-07-22 South African strawberry exports ramp up
- 2022-07-22 Shortage of certain tomato varieties expected this fall
- 2022-07-22 Average retail price of tomatoes in India down 39% over last month
- 2022-07-22 The Italian tomato production: an overview
- 2022-07-21 "The available supply of organic cucumbers does not cover the European demand"
- 2022-07-21 ‘Tomato industry in Ghana has collapsed’
- 2022-07-21 Multiple growing regions and freight factor into US cucumber pricing
- 2022-07-20 Israel’s fresh produce sector starting to see benefits of historic FTA with UAE
- 2022-07-20 The NHAES 2022 INSPIRED Horticultural Research Report
- 2022-07-20 Used pallet demand is booming in the UK