Only two weeks remain until the start of the 4th Annual Seedstock Sustainable Agriculture Conference: Innovation and the Rise of Local Food at The Rady School of Management at UC San Diego on Tuesday, November 3 (Future Farm Field Trip) and Wednesday, November 4 (Conference Day). The conference will explore the social, environmental and economic benefits arising from the confluence of agricultural innovation and escalating demand for locally grown food.
Day 1 - The Future Farm Field Trip
The event will kick off with the Future Farm Field Trip on Tuesday, Nov. 3, which will offer a limited number of attendees an excursion into the diversity of urban and state-of-the-art hydroponic and aquaponic growing operations in Southern California. To learn more about the field trip, click here: http://seedstockconference.com/program.
Day 2 - Conference Day
- The Conference Day on Wednesday, November 4 will look at the confluence of agricultural innovation and the escalating demand for locally grown food. Through keynotes and panels, expert speakers will explore the following topic areas:
- A deep dive into the current state of the local food marketplace from the diverse vantage points of the grower, distributor, retailer and institutional buyer
- Urban farming and its role in expanding local food access, benefiting community and growing local economies
- How hydroponic and indoor growers utilize sustainability, embrace innovative business models and push the limits of agricultural technology to expand the local food marketplace
- Impact of technology on supply chain models that have the potential to transform the food system into one that is more local
- And more!
Learn more and register here:
- Erik Oberholtzer - Co-founder of Tender Greens
- Catt Fields White - CEO of San Diego Weekly Markets
- Gus Schumacher - Founding Board Chair and Vice President of Wholesome Wave
- Chris Higgins - General Manager of Hort Americas
- Bob Harrington - President of Specialty Produce
- Pierre Sleiman - Founder and CEO of Go Green Agriculture
- Rishi Kumar - Founder at The Growing Home
- Lucy Norris - Director of the Regional Food Systems Program at Ag Innovations
- Lauren Blacker - District Manager at Sodexo or Sharp HealthCare
- Milan Kluko - Founder and President at Green Spirit Farms
- Ed Glebus - Associate Director and Executive Chef for SDSU Dining
- Dwight Detter - Local Forager
- Tarek Hijazi - Director of Agriculture and Regulatory Affairs at Sundial Farm
- Danielle Horton - Director of Marketing for Urban Produce, LLC
- Daron "Farmer D" Joffe - Director of Agricultural Innovation at Leichtag Foundation
- Amy McCann - Co-founder and CEO of Local Food Marketplace
- Robert Tse - State Broadband Coordinator for USDA CA-Rural Development
- Anchi Mei - Senior Program Manager at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Damian Valdez - Farmer at Seeds@City Urban Farm
- N. Diane Moss - Executive Director of Project New Village and more!