- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- 21-year-old student establishes hydroponics business with only P1,000
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Photo Report: Visit to Mucci Farms in Kingsville
Mucci Farms is currently one of the larger greenhouse operations in Southern Ontario. They grow their own produce in 180 acres of greenhouses, as well as marketing the greenhouse produce of more than 400 additional acres. We visited their most recently opened 30 acre facility in Kingsville, where they are currently expanding with another 30 acres of high tech greenhouses.
In the greenhouses we visited, tomatoes on the vine in the coarse segment are grown. Furthermore, Mucci grows and packs the complete range of greenhouse vegetables in a very modern packing facility, equipped with the most efficient technology and logistical solutions. Next to this, the growers are also innovating with new products, they are one of the few Canadian growers of strawberries under glass.
Click here for the photo report.
HortiDaily would like to thank Mucci Farms for their warm welcome during the Canadian Greenhouse Conference Bus Tour. As well as this we would like to thank the Canadian Greenhouse Conference for the very informative Bus Tour.
If you would like to join the Bus Tour next year as well, please contact the Canadian Greenhouse Conference at : www.CanadianGreenhouseConference.com or send your requests to Glenna Cairnie (e-mail).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-20 Improve greenhouse management efficiency to counter lack of labor
- 2022-06-14 No drama with climate management at Drama greenhouse, Greece
- 2022-06-06 Leafy greens and vine crops grow in tropical Thai greenhouse
- 2022-06-06 Dubai grower helps tropical fruit thrive through modern methods
- 2022-06-02 New blueberry variety thriving at Australian grower
- 2022-05-27 Labor and inflation major challenges for the UK soft fruit industry
- 2022-05-25 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-23 "A horticulturist will always have a good foundation for a position with a breeder"
- 2022-05-20 Consuming environmentally sustainable food one beer at a time
- 2022-05-19 An entrepreneur from the Berdyuzhsky district opened a greenhouse for growing vegetables, seedlings, and herbs
- 2022-05-18 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-13 Ontario premier visits Canadian cucumber greenhouse
- 2022-05-09 US (MA): Roxbury’s Dudley greenhouse gives residents chance to grow their own food
- 2022-05-06 New innings: Pro sportsman trades cricket bat for aquaponics
- 2022-05-06 "You just can’t fool the consumer"
- 2022-05-02 Richard Ward wins the 2021 ANBP Award of Excellence
- 2022-05-02 Irish grower secures new €7.5M contract with Aldi
- 2022-04-22 "Cooperative marketing will prove its worth, even in times of crisis"
- 2022-04-22 Have a look in the Lufa Farms greenhouse
- 2022-04-22 India: Ex-accountant uses hydroponics to help thousands of farmers increase profits by 35%