Urban Produce’s organic, living microgreens and wheatgrass are now available for retail purchase at Vons and Pavilions. A total of 226 stores across Southern California will carry Urban Produce’s organic, living microgreens and wheatgrass. All Urban Produce products are sold still rooted to their coconut coir, growing and harnessing nutrients until ready to be cut and served. Urban Produce’s living products are redefining the way consumers shop for “fresh” produce.
“The Urban Produce mission is to deliver locally grown, nutritionally dense produce to consumers nationwide,” commented Danielle Horton, Director of Marketing at Urban Produce. “Our expansion into Vons and Pavilions, allows us to further our mission by offering more consumers with a sustainable alternative to everyday grocery items.”
The following Urban Produce products are now available at Vons and Pavilions:
- Organic Kale-ifornia™ Microgreens: This nutritionally dense “superfood” mix features Premier Kale and Red Garnet Amaranth microgreens.
- Organic Wasabi-Bok Choy Microgreens: A slightly spicy mix of Wasabi Mustard, Bok Choy, Sango Purple Radish microgreens.
- Organic Broccoli Microgreens: One of the most nutritionally dense microgreens available, organic broccoli offers a slightly peppery taste.
- Organic Amaranth Microgreens: Boasting a vibrant pink color from head to root, organic amaranth delivers a pop of pink to any dish.
- Organic Arugula Microgreens: Prized for its bold peppery taste and petite crunch, organic arugula packs major flavor.
- Organic Wheatgrass: Packed with vitamins A, C, E, and K, along with 103 other vitamins and minerals, organic wheatgrass is an excellent source of natural energy, whole body detoxification, and immune support.
These microgreens pack six times more vitamin C, E, K, and beta-carotene than their fully grown counterparts. Because they are packaged live, with their roots intact, they maintain their nutrients and freshness through transport up until they are ready to be cut and used. Packaged and sold in a closed clamshell, these microgreens will stay fresh for 30 days in the refrigerator. Urban Produce is also available for retail purchase at Albertson’s and Fresh and Easy as well as wholesale for foodservices.
Urban Produce is located at 1 Marconi Suite F in Irvine, California. For more information, please visit www.urbanproduce.com