- Grower Manager Fresh Produce
- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- Conventional and organic: greenhouse grower does it all
Fairtrasa Holland wins Latin America Trade Award 2015
The award is presented every other year to the company that has the most positive influence on the economic relations between Holland and Latin-America. The jury were members of the NLABC and last year’s winner: Mammoet. Together they selected Fairtrasa as the winner of the ‘Lata 2015 award’ as the company with the best practices in Latin-America. José María Cubero, director of supply at Fairtrasa Holland and Boy Stuijfzand, COO of Fairtrasa International were present to receive this prestigious price. The event took place on the 7th of October at Damen Shipyards Gorinchem. Ambassadors from different Latin-American countries were present, along with the NLABC and local Dutch companies.
The mission of Fairtrasa is to address the problem of poverty among small scale growers in Latin-America. In 99.9% of the cases their fruit is being sold to the middle man, against extremely low prices, who take high margins. Fairtrasa helps these growers by educating them how to increase their yields and quality and helps them with the necessary product and farm certification. Organic certification is very important in these cases. With the help of the wide network of Fairtrasa Holland, these growers have access to the international markets. By helping these growers, Fairtrasa takes growers out of the vicious circle they are in and even increases their incomes enormously.
Receiving the award, José Cubero dedicated the prize to his colleagues in Latin America who do all the great work for the growers. He also mentioned that he was proud of the Fairtrasa Holland team and said that they market the fruit every day without losing the mission of Fairtrasa. José pointed out the loyalty of Fairtrasa Holland’s client base. "Without them we could never have been this successful and without their loyalty all sustainable work would have no value at all."
For more information:
Fairtrasa Holland B.V.
Tel: +31 174 291 600
Fax: +31 174 291 609
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-07 Sant'Orsola presents zero residue blueberries and raspberries
- 2023-02-07 "We are seeing a high demand for robots right now"
- 2023-02-07 New appointments at RedSea Farm
- 2023-02-07 Enza Zaden appoints Andreas Sewing as CSO
- 2023-02-07 Strong earthquake leads to logistical complications in Turkey
- 2023-02-07 Beneficial Insectary acquires Sierra Biological
- 2023-02-06 AU: Costa supports Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation
- 2023-02-06 Greenhouses, nurseries, and flower producers report top Ontario farm income
- 2023-02-06 TK-Topboiler and Boeters Ketel Constructie join forces
- 2023-02-06 Berry specialist signs partnership for vertical farm
- 2023-02-03 CAN (QC): Rigaud-based ecological farm adopts dynamic LED solution
- 2023-02-03 Vidre+ works to extend the shelf-life of tomatoes
- 2023-02-03 Tom van der Meer turns 50
- 2023-02-03 "This partnership will simplify water management for the CEA industry"
- 2023-02-03 Proseal marks a 25-year milestone
- 2023-02-03 A cherry tomato that tastes like summer even in winter
- 2023-02-03 US (CT): Horticulture representative transplants to Midsouth and new one takes over in California
- 2023-02-03 Agri-voltaic systems as a great income opportunity for young producers
- 2023-02-03 Smaller chicory yield expected in Belgium
- 2023-02-03 Constant level of demand despite price increase of 10 to 20 percent for thyme