- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
Canada: Energy and advanced production systems key topics at CGC Bus Tour
This year, we were able to visit a couple of very nice high tech greenhouse vegetable growers; Golden Acre Farms and Mucci Farms, and learn all the ins and outs of their adaptation of advanced greenhouse technology.
Besides seeing the TOV's at Mucci and the high wire cucumbers at Golden Acre, the group also visited the retail outlet of H&A Farms at Anna's Farms in Leamington, plus a complete lunch was enjoyed at Colasanti's tropical Garden.
Furthermore, the group visited the Greenhouse and Processing Crops Research Centre in Harrow, where some interesting developments are going on in the field of lit high wire cucumber cultivation and the side-effect on beneficials when using LED light in greenhouse cultivation. A visit to the new research greenhouse at Vineland's Research & Innovation Centre in Jordan rounded off the full day tour.
Over the coming week, you can read our full reports on the visits. Today and tomorrow we will be present at the Canadian Greenhouse Conference, which takes place at the Scotiabank Convention Centre in Niagara Falls. A complete recap from this show will be published in our edition on Monday.
If you are attending the event, feel free to drop by our booth #2006, to catch up and pick up your free copy of the HortiDaily Guide.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 CEA Alliance hosts first Washington, DC fly-in
- 2023-01-27 Dutch ambitions to make the international fresh food chain more sustainable
- 2023-01-27 IPM comes to an end
- 2023-01-25 US (CA): CDFA offers mental health resources web page for farmers and farmworkers
- 2023-01-25 Sneak peek: what's happening at IPM Essen?
- 2023-01-24 Spain: Addressing new market demands at the Winter Open Field Days 2023 in Cartagena
- 2023-01-24 Positive vibes on the first day of IPM '23
- 2023-01-23 International business meetings with buyers of large-scale retailers – Bergamo, Italy
- 2023-01-23 NL: Postharvest Unlimited Conference & Postharvest Ornamentals Symposium to take place simultaneously
- 2023-01-23 Photo report: Sival 2023
- 2023-01-20 Sival comes to an end
- 2023-01-18 Rijk Zwaan’s Winter Leafy Hydroponics Demo is coming up
- 2023-01-17 Registrations open for North American Strawberry Symposium
- 2023-01-16 All things about multispectral imaging
- 2023-01-16 "Year-round strawberry cultivation: challenging, but not impossible"
- 2023-01-13 6th edition of AquaFarm announced
- 2023-01-13 ‘What can I do to make the growing regime a little bit better?’
- 2023-01-13 USDA accepting applications for Netherlands agribusiness trade mission
- 2023-01-10 New report on findings from propagation tray trial to launch at Landscape Ontario Congress
- 2023-01-10 Upcoming Webinar: “Squeaky Clean Start to 2023”