- A geminivirus, so named because it looks like twins but actually is only one, is a DNA virus that carries a protein called TrAP to stop transcriptional gene silencing.
- Transcriptional gene silencing is what normally serves as a pathway for immunity against DNA viruses. If the virus is silenced, the plant isn’t made sick.
- KYP hangs on to macromolecules consisting of viral DNA and histone proteins, and combats the infection by ensnaring and silencing the DNA.
- However, the virus has TrAP, which targets KYP and frees the viral DNA from the snare to propagate and cause infection.
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (TX): Researchers discover contenders in molecular arms race of major plant disease
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Beneficial insects are exposed to insecticides through honeydew
- 2022-06-28 Spray boom full of traps to catch pests
- 2022-06-28 Biosecurity advice: Blueberry rust Western Australia
- 2022-06-24 CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- 2022-06-24 New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- 2022-06-24 How can the seed sector contribute to the sustainable use of pesticides?
- 2022-06-22 Controlling Cercospora leaf spot in beet in 2022
- 2022-06-21 Vegetables tainted with ToBRFV were imported to Russia
- 2022-06-21 Cucurbit powdery mildew control in 2022
- 2022-06-20 ZeroTol 2.0 helps reduce resistance in IPM programs
- 2022-06-20 IntraLight launches next-gen pesticide, protecting crops without chemicals
- 2022-06-17 South Africa plays a critical role in the continent's crop protection industry
- 2022-06-17 US: APHIS seeks public comment on proposed changes for revising pest regulation lists
- 2022-06-17 South Africa plays critical role in continent’s crop protection sector
- 2022-06-17 Tradecorp launches new biostimulant worldwide
- 2022-06-14 "Cleaning machine reduces need for expensive algae control chemicals"
- 2022-06-14 Organifarms and Biobest win GreenTech Innovation Awards 2022
- 2022-06-08 Prevention of algae formation with Intra Hydropure
- 2022-06-08 Nano-sensor detects pesticides on fruit in minutes
- 2022-06-06 Latest developments in high-tech strawberry IPM