How do we feed the surging population growth, expected to increase to 9 billion by 2050? By addressing the three major drivers for US Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA) industry growth, as identified by William Blair and Company. Consumer requirement for local, accountable, and safe food; climate change and the need for redistributing food production across the US for food security due to water issues and potential extremist actions.
Last week, participants at the Vermont Agricultural Business Education Center (VABEC) in Brattleboro, VT discussed the U.S. Government’s expectation that distributed/controlled environment agriculture will grow exponentially. Nicholas Heymann, Research, William Blair and Company, New York, stated that distributing fresh food production across the US in the next decade has the growth potential to “become a $1.75 Trillion business.”
This is a time of extraordinary growth potential in Controlled Environment Agriculture. Attend AGROWN’s AgTech Investing 2015 Conference
to learn more about these growing trends, meet experts in the field, and walk away with a greater knowledge of how you can leverage this investment opportunity. Additional topics include:
- Profit-driven insights to the potential growth and current limitations of CEA in the U.S
- See first-hand the CEA technology used for research at the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center on the Ohio State University campus
- The latest forecasts for California’s drought and how it is impacting the fresh produce industry
- Distributed CEA agriculture not only changes how and where fresh produce crops can be grown, it will also be disruptive to existing market logistics
- Dissect critical steps at each level of the CEA investment process – seed funding, early stage, or expansion
Hotel reservation deadline is September 30th. All conference sessions will be held conveniently across the street from the Wooster Hilton Garden Inn at the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center. Secure your reservation at the conference rate of $135 by calling 330-202-7701 and asking for the AGROWN room rate.