- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (NY): New Board of Directors for the Fred C. Gloeckner Foundation
Newly Elected Officers and Directors
Former VP of the Foundation, Dr. Richard Craig was elected President and Chair of the Research Committee. Dr. Craig, a Professor Emeritus of Plant Breeding, and the J. Franklin Styer Professor Emeritus of Horticultural Botany at Pennsylvania State University, is considered a pioneer breeder in the industry. In 1990 he was inducted into the Floricultural Hall of Fame – the industry's highest honor. Dr. Craig has spent 45 years in genetics and breeding research, and has made countless contributions to horticultural science.
Dr. Paul Allen Hammer, Professor Emeritus of Floriculture at Purdue University, was elected Vice President. Dr. Hammer has served on the Gloeckner Foundation Board since 2001. His expertise in greenhouse production and management, experimental design and analysis, and plant tissue analysis has made him a very valuable asset to the Board. Since retiring from Purdue University, Dr. Hammer has remained very active in the industry providing Technical Support for Dummen Orange.
Mr. Paul Daum, former President, was elected Chairman Emeritus. Mr. Daum, a Representative for Fred C. Gloeckner & Co., Inc. for 49 years, has served on the board since 1961. Mr. Daum is internationally known as the “Father of the South American Flower Industry,” and is considered by all who know him, to be “a walking encyclopedia of horticulture.”
Officers and Directors
Joseph A. Simone, President and CEO of Fred C. Gloeckner & Co., Inc. will remain Secretary and Chair of the Finance Committee.
Martin D. Kortjohn, CPA will remain Treasurer.
New Board Member
Joining the board and serving on the Research Committee is Dr. David G. Clark, Professor at the University of Florida. Dr. Clark established the Floriculture Biotechnology and Genetics laboratory in the Environmental Horticulture Department at the University, where he has been working for the past 20 years. His innovative work in plant science and his ability to take new technologies to the consumer marketplace has earned him an international reputation.
Other Members of the Board
Margery Daughtrey – Senior Extension Associate, Cornell University, Section of Plant Pathology and Plant-Microbe Biology, Long Island Horticultural Research and Extension Center.
J. Michael Klesa – Representative, Fred C. Gloeckner & Co. (Retired)
Andrew J. Lee – Vice President Sales & Marketing, Fred C. Gloeckner & Co., Inc.
Jay Sheely – Representative, Fred C. Gloeckner & Co. (Retired)
About The Fred C. Gloeckner Foundation Board
Fred C. Gloeckner had a keen interest and firm resolve to facilitate innovation and improve practices in floriculture. It was this vision that inspired him to start The Fred C. Gloeckner Foundation, Inc. 55 years ago. Since the foundation’s inception, over 66 institutions have been awarded grants for this purpose.
Each Foundation Board member contributes great expertise and knowledge of the industry. Along with these contributions, they have shown a proven commitment to the Foundation. All directors and officers serve without compensation and participate solely for the purpose of facilitating innovation and improving practices in floriculture.
The Foundation has issued 15 research grants for the next research year totaling $149,775.85. Since the inception of the Foundation in 1960, $6,525,641.75 has been contributed to support floriculture research.
For more information
The Fred C. Gloeckner Foundation
T: +1 914-698-2300+1 914-698-2300 x112
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 SmartWash Boost pretreatment eliminates 99.5% of pathogens before produce reaches wash lines
- 2022-07-01 HDG Survey Group: Six companies that can handle fruit and vegetable businesses' quality management, globally
- 2022-07-01 "We're central to handling everything for our clients in far-off destinations"
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-07-01 88.7% of Italian families purchased tomatoes over the past 12 months
- 2022-06-30 From Master to Prestige: a more responsive approach
- 2022-06-30 UAE agritech startup raises $180 million for Asia expansion
- 2022-06-30 UK: Infarm starts operating vertical farming facility in Bedford
- 2022-06-30 Coöperatie Hoogstraten receives traders on its Taste Days Soft Fruit
- 2022-06-30 New cardboard packaging for The Greenery's soft fruit and fruit-vegetables
- 2022-06-30 Instar Asset Management partners with indoor mushroom grower
- 2022-06-30 Agro Care celebrates with grand anniversary party
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 The Horticultural Innovation Center of the National Agricultural Science and Technology Park is open
- 2022-06-30 NL: Jan Willem de Vries appointed as Officer in the Order of Orange-Nassau
- 2022-06-30 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-30 Shelf life, eating qualities, and more factor into new vegetable varieties
- 2022-06-30 These are hard times for any player in the fresh chain
- 2022-06-30 US (NJ): Historic facility turned into vertical farm, farm store, restaurant, teaching kitchen, and more