- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
USDA grants $3m for improved plant health
“These grants will increase our knowledge of plant systems and the various biological factors, such as arthropods and diseases, that affect plant productivity,” said Sonny Ramaswamy, NIFA director. “This will enable the U.S. agriculture industry to mitigate critical challenges in areas such as food security, sustainability, bioenergy, climate change, and an increasing global competition.”
NIFA made the awards through the AFRI Food Security challenge area, which seeks to increase sustainable food production. Priority was given to projects that will improve prevention, early detection, rapid diagnosis, or recovery from new, foreign, or emerging plant diseases, arthropods, or nematodes that have the potential to cause major impacts on food security. NIFA made additional awards in April 2015 through the AFRI Food Security challenge area that focuses on minimizing livestock losses to pests.
The purpose of AFRI is to support research, education, and extension work by awarding grants that address key problems of national, regional, and multi-state importance in sustaining all components of food and agriculture. AFRI is NIFA's flagship competitive grant program authorized under the 2014 Farm Bill and supports work in six priority areas: 1) plant health and production and plant products; 2) animal health and production and animal products; 3) food safety, nutrition and health; 4) bioenergy, natural resources and environment; 5) agriculture systems and technology; and 6) agriculture economics and rural communities.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-23 "In today's inflationary environment, choice of horticultural twine is an investment decision"
- 2022-12-16 Air bubble film to boost yields and protect greenhouses from the elements
- 2022-11-29 Australia: baby cucumbers launch limited edition football pack to promote as a healthy sporting snack
- 2022-11-08 New blackberry and raspberry launching in 2023
- 2022-10-25 ‘Kawaguchi RZ meets Chinese consumers’ requirements for pink tomatoes’
- 2022-10-21 New snack packaging for tomatoes unveiled
- 2022-10-19 "We have launched a reuseable 4G wireless temperature and humidity location recorder with light sensors"
- 2022-10-18 “Company clothing is part of the operation in terms of hygiene, appearance, and comfort”
- 2022-10-12 Dutch bell pepper grower gets new automated crate processing line
- 2022-10-05 Shock-sensing data logger with food shapes replicate movement of fruit and vegetables during handling and transport
- 2022-10-05 “The impact of visibility on global trade flows is rising”
- 2022-10-04 “Good tastes like more”
- 2022-10-04 Narrow strawberry tray saves grower 10% on substrate
- 2022-10-03 "We have been able to contain the cucumber mosaic virus much better"
- 2022-09-30 Laser microperforated packaging prevents fresh produce waste
- 2022-09-26 Royal Brinkman and Kam’s Growers Supply launch Valent truss support clip
- 2022-09-15 Chopped salad line kit gets three new flavors
- 2022-08-25 Drop peppers: A niche product appreciated for their look and taste
- 2022-08-22 AI pest & disease detection platform to be distributed by Cultivatd
- 2022-08-08 BioTherm improves performance of their finned heating products