- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- Rijk Zwaan launches ToBRFV-resistant tomato varieties
- "The fact that you cannot turn on production of food in an instant has come as news to some"
- New bankruptcy of greenhouse horticulture company still surrounded by question marks
- Additional blue light does not affect taste and crop quality when growing basil
- NASA funds scale-up of fluorescent greenhouse roofing technology
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
US: Indiana Grown partners with Marsh Supermarkets
"We welcome Marsh Supermarkets as a major retail partner of Indiana Grown to increase visibility of Indiana Grown products and to encourage Indiana consumers to buy local," said Lt. Governor Sue Ellspermann. "Marsh has been a strong supporter of the Indiana Grown Initiative from the very beginning of the project and was eager to join us in connecting consumers with Indiana-grown businesses around the state. We look forward to Marsh playing an integral role in the continued success of Indiana Grown."
With the help of its retail partners, Indiana Grown will create new local and regional market channels for Indiana agricultural and food businesses by educating consumers on the importance of buying Indiana Grown products, increasing networking and sales opportunities for Indiana farmers, and expanding support for Indiana processors in their efforts with Indiana Grown products.
"As Indiana's homegrown grocer since 1931, Marsh is committed to Indiana Grown's mission to move locally sourced products from farm to table through store sales and promotional efforts," said Tom O'Boyle, CEO and President of Marsh Supermarkets.
Beyond the Indiana Grown kiosks, consumers can find additional Indiana Grown-branded products throughout the store, which will be identified through bib tags and shelf talkers with the Indiana Grown logo as well as on many products carrying the Marsh Supermarkets label.
Indiana Grown is managed by the Indiana State Department of Agriculture (ISDA) and backed by some of Indiana's most prominent names in the industry. It is the first statewide, all-inclusive and collaborative program to promote Indiana-produced agricultural products. Indiana Grown is accepting additional program members and partners, including farmers, producers, processors and artisans, as well as retailers, grocers and restaurants.
For more information and to apply for membership, visit IndianaGrown.org.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-10 Premium salad kits now available across the Midwest and East Coast
- 2022-10-05 Aldi takes fourth place in UK grocery market in 2022 as 3.1 million shoppers switch to the discounter
- 2022-09-14 Heatwave affects US supermarkets' produce sections
- 2022-09-06 "The pink tomato from Barbastro can be found in supermarkets throughout all of Spain"
- 2022-07-22 UK consumers are starting to doubt the quality of supermarket foods
- 2022-07-21 The “AirBnB” of indoor farms: Modern fresh food distribution using indoor farm as a service
- 2022-07-12 Sweden: Vertically cultivated salad now sold at online food platform
- 2022-07-11 France: Carrefour joins forces with NOUS anti-gaspi
- 2022-07-05 Solution consists entirely of FSC certified paper and a cellulose net as a viewing window
- 2022-06-27 Photo report of Finnish supermarkets
- 2022-06-21 Queensland: Drought preparedness, research, and pest control in $608 million budget
- 2022-05-27 UAE: Coop indoor farm covers 30% of the consumption of cooperative branches
- 2022-05-26 Organic salad bowls now in separable cardboard tray
- 2022-05-09 Discounter offers cucumbers for €4.65 per kg
- 2022-05-03 Why are vegetables grown in Singapore pricier than imported greens?
- 2022-03-21 Japanese artist carves gorgeous objects from fruits and vegetables
- 2022-03-14 Date marking related visual cues can reduce food waste
- 2022-02-11 Green Life Farms supplies herbs and leafy greens to Farmer Joe’s market
- 2022-02-09 “As long as the French origin is not on the market, we will not sell any strawberries”
- 2022-01-20 Lidl gives green light to LEAF Marque on UK fresh produce