- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "Our foliage plants grow bigger, faster, and more efficiently"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
Culpeper officials are aiming to grow tax exemptions for agriculture, the county's No. 1 industry
US(VA): Tax relief backed for Culpeper-grown greenhouse products
"We should encourage any steps to promote agriculture, the foundation of our community," said County Administrator Ernie Hoch.
If approved by the board, the additional exemptions would result in an estimated $50,000 reduction in tax collections, he said.
Not included on the list of additional tax exemptions — as some in the farm community have advocated — is any augmented tax relief for machinery or equipment. The county code only allows for tax exemptions on farm machinery, implements and trailers used in grain and/or livestock farming. Exempted products only include those involved in the growing and harvesting of crops, Hoch said.
"We draw the line at manufacturing," he said of other products or methods that support agricultural products like processing equipment for grains or other methods used to add value to farm products.
Click here for the complete article at dailyprogress.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-08 ToBRFV virus: a pragmatic approach
- 2022-12-08 Canada: GoodLeaf Farms receives about $110mln to expand nationally
- 2022-12-08 Circular bioplastics offer solution for climate crisis and growing resource consumption
- 2022-12-08 Acquisition of Penny UK by Power Plastics
- 2022-12-08 Energy screens: work smarter, not harder
- 2022-12-08 Trinity Natural Capital Markets welcomes the development of the UK Soil Carbon Code
- 2022-12-07 Equitable Food Initiative elects new board member
- 2022-12-07 Dutch nursery Globe Plant employs new greenhouse
- 2022-12-07 US (KY): Square Roots opens new indoor farm in Shepherdsville
- 2022-12-07 "We use robotics, machine imaging and AI to automate tomato harvesting"
- 2022-12-07 "The trend is somewhat moving away from cocktail tomatoes in favor of the plainer TOVs"
- 2022-12-07 "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- 2022-12-07 US: 'Designed to create larger impacts with less operating costs'
- 2022-12-07 The Veggie team experiments on ISS are part of NASA's effort to provide "Space Plant Biology" of sustainable fresh food production
- 2022-12-07 NZ: Green crops as an alternative nitrogen source
- 2022-12-07 Partnership supports UAE’s national food security strategy to adopt advanced agricultural methods
- 2022-12-07 "Food waste and safety are huge challenges"
- 2022-12-07 Dutch coop commits to science-based climate goals
- 2022-12-07 Greenhouse grower helps provide healthy meals at food bank
- 2022-12-07 Indoor grower opens new facility in Kentucky