- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Organic grower and shipper celebrates 10 Years of Fair Trade certification
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Levington Advance Solutions
ICL offers comprehensive new growing media package
“Due to continuous R&D and investment, over the past 50 years the Levington growing media brand has remained synonymous with quality and consistency,” says ICL’s Adam Ferjani. “Growing has become increasingly technically sophisticated with many growers requiring high performance products tailored to their individual needs – be that crop type, production system, geographical location/ water source or customer specifications. This new package enables growers to design the exact growing media mix they need.”
For simplicity and efficiency, the Levington Advance Solutions package is neatly divided into three areas – grow, nurture and protect – and features new and recent advances in all three areas.
“Grow refers to the growing media structure, adjusted using different peat fractions and diluents including bark, our new Fibagro wood fibre and quality coir, loam and sand,” explains Adam.
“Nurture relates to the precision nutrition element. With the help of ICL’s award winning software tool Angelaweb, a carefully tailored nutrition programme is added to the mix. Growers can select from a comprehensive range of Osmocote controlled release fertilizers, including 4th generation products with longevities and release patterns to suit specific plant type.”
As standard, all Levington Advance Solution mixes now include Start n Gro base fertilizer and recently launch Micromax Premium. Providing a full trace element package, Micromax Premium also helps safeguard plants from magnesium (mg) deficiency – an increasing common problem due to changing UK grower practices.
“Protect is the third and final element of the Levington Advance Solutions package,” explains Adam. “We offer a choice of conventional and biological plant protection products, including Phytophthora protection (PlantTrust) and, thanks to new Exemptor label recommendations, the option of season long vine weevil control.
“ICL remains committed to evolving the Levington brand. With the introduction of Levington Advance Solutions our technical team is working with individual growers to design the very best bespoke high performance growing media mixes, designed to deliver excellent return on investment.”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-16 "Double screening technology ensures product quality"
- 2022-08-09 Soils take center stage as experts gather in Glasgow
- 2022-07-20 Growcoon wins innovation award at the Salon du Végétal
- 2022-07-18 “5-10 times faster transplanting of plants”
- 2022-07-12 Meeting the needs of a changing industry
- 2022-07-08 What are your substrate options for containerized vegetable production?
- 2022-07-07 UK: Scaling up the peat-free growing media of the future
- 2022-07-07 Stabilized organic substrates now TŪV biobased certified
- 2022-07-04 New soilless substrate calibration for TDR310W sensor
- 2022-06-30 ZipGrow and Growfoam partner up to improve distribution of carbon-neutral substrates
- 2022-06-24 Re-Nuble partners with circular materials company to create growing media
- 2022-06-16 The growing success of a happy company
- 2022-06-13 Estonia: Supply chain challenges aside, demand for peat is skyrocketing
- 2022-06-10 Dutch scale-up presents new lineup of growing substrates
- 2022-05-05 "High-quality coir grow bags allow for flexibility and re-use"
- 2022-04-22 Growing blueberries on substrate in South Africa
- 2022-04-20 Substrate cubes and slabs offer aubergine grower maximum steerability and control
- 2022-04-11 "China's peat development still needs to overcome challenges "
- 2022-04-08 How this Kansas City urban farm turns food scraps into soil
- 2022-04-08 China: Actively promoting the construction of peat supply chain