- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- Zimbabwe: 'Take advantage of demand for organic crops'
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Russia's Gazprom cuts off natural-gas supply to the Netherlands
- New semi-closed greenhouse solution launched
- "Minimizing the work in the greenhouse is our main goal"
- Can the Dutch vegetable greenhouse chain bear the increasing costs?
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
France: Maisadour, Terrena plan to combine seed businesses
This compares to French peer Vilmorin, the world's fourth largest seed maker with sales amounting to 1.3 billion euros in 2014-2015, of which about half was generated in Europe.
Maisadour and Terrena said their objective was that the joint company would become a leading seed maker in Europe, supported by expansion plans.
"Growth would be linked to international development and potentially external growth through alliances," a Maisadour spokeswoman said.
Swiss agricultural chemicals group Syngenta said last week it intends to sell its vegetable seeds business to fund plans to boost shareholder returns after rejecting a takeover approach from U.S. giant Monsanto.
In addition to seeds, Terrena, with revenues of 4.7 billion euros in 2014, has activities throughout the farm and food sectors, from crops and machinery to meat.
Maisadour, centered in southwestern France, produces crops and food products such as foie gras and poultry. It posted sales of 1.55 billion euros.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-27 "In China, the pink beef tomato is very popular"
- 2022-06-23 New greenhouse lighting helps researchers’ urgent need for speed
- 2022-06-16 Rijk Zwaan lettuce varieties have resistance against newest Fusarium race
- 2022-06-16 $12.1 million announced for agriculture genomics projects in Alberta
- 2022-06-15 US: New source for locating seed suppliers
- 2022-06-13 New approach to raspberry breeding in Italy
- 2022-06-09 National coordinators meet in Sweden to discuss plant genetic resources
- 2022-06-08 New greenhouse Enza Zaden Tanzania by Bosman Van Zaal
- 2022-06-06 Lettuce is a staple of the American diet
- 2022-06-06 Sustainable aquaponics farm on Kauai
- 2022-05-25 Driscoll's newest innovation now in the grocery aisle
- 2022-05-25 What happens when plants have stress reactions to touch
- 2022-05-24 Gene-edited tomatoes boosting vitamine D could soon be sold in England
- 2022-05-24 US: Scientists turn tomatoes into a rich source of vitamin D
- 2022-05-24 Structure of “gliding bird” plant defense protein could lead to better crops
- 2022-05-23 Health Canada: not all gene-edited crops require pre-market safety assessment
- 2022-05-20 UF scientists may have found a way to more efficiently apply genome editing to plant breeding
- 2022-05-16 "You can plant the seed yourself, but true growth is achieved together"
- 2022-05-16 Growing a better strawberry
- 2022-05-16 How hybrid plant varieties could address the challenges of food security