The 2015 Farwest Show promised members of the nursery industry a “Far From Ordinary” trade show experience — and it delivered. More than 6,000 industry professionals turned out for the three-day expo, which was a 10 percent jump over 2014, and over 40 new exhibitors also took part.
Farwest was held Thursday–Saturday, August 27–29, 2015 at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland. The show, founded in 1973, is produced by the Oregon Association of Nurseries (OAN), which represents Oregon’s $830 million nursery industry.
“The industry wanted an enhanced trade show experience, so we made that our goal,” OAN Executive Director Jeff Stone said. “To market the show, we launched the Far From Ordinary campaign, featuring the unmistakable, hort-headed Farwest Fanatics. We know it connected because advance registrations were way up. The people attending told us they enjoyed the new look, but more importantly, they liked what was under the hood. The show now has strong forward momentum, and we hope to continue that momentum in 2016.”
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "We harvest 40,000 heads of lettuce per day"
- Japanese Berry Pop fresh strawberry seeds now available for global markets
- Kuwait: Aeroponic greenhouse to continue country's effort to cut down import
- A greenhouse full of cherry blossoms in Hungary
- UK shortages? "Enough iceberg lettuce to sink the Titanic"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-23 "Best day ever for GreenTech Americas"
- 2023-03-23 Argus and Conviron selected as recipient of 2023 CEAC Mission Award
- 2023-03-22 GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- 2023-03-20 Join the next ∑-Grow Inside seminar on March 28
- 2023-03-20 The World Pepper Congress will be held in Almeria in May
- 2023-03-17 Consortium to train Senegalese farmers in sustainable vegetable production
- 2023-03-17 AU: Horticulture Field Day at Tatura Smartfarm
- 2023-03-17 China Strawberry Brand Conference 2023 held in Shanghai
- 2023-03-17 'Don’t let the lights go out'
- 2023-03-16 RKW will put their LP-Keder products in the spotlight during the GreenTech Americas
- 2023-03-14 PIB India cluster heads off to Hyderabad and Delhi this April
- 2023-03-13 Packed program at Greentech Americas
- 2023-03-10 HortiFlora Expo Ethiopia comes to an end
- 2023-03-10 UK: CHA organizes comprehensive exhibitor support package for UK suppliers at GreenTech 2023
- 2023-03-10 Wartime berry growing and processing. Conference in Rivne, Ukraine
- 2023-03-07 Priva launches Academy live training sessions
- 2023-03-07 Record-breaking event for 10th anniversary edition of Indoor Ag-Con
- 2023-03-07 More than 20,000 people celebrate Almeria's tomato
- 2023-03-06 Southern Exposure lived up to the expectations once again
- 2023-03-06 Photo report: HortEx Vietnam 2023