- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coal and pink tomatoes: the challenges for Polish growers
- Healthy seeds, and good germination with Plasma Activated Water seed treatment
- J. Huete International builds high-tech greenhouse for seed research in South America
- NZ: Return of the watermelon
- Tropicalia Greenhouse in Northern France blends perfectly with surroundings
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
New gutter system wins popularity among Mexican growers
The gutter system of Hydroponic System is specially designed for medium-high tech greenhouse operations; a large part of the market in which greenhouses are not equipped with steel hanging gutters. These growers also don't favor growing in the soil, or placing their substrates directly on the floor. "They use low, plastic gutter channels; a system that works well, but is also known for a few problems; the gutters get clogged easily by the roots, and excessive water spills frequently causing algae and fungus on the crops. The water channels and closed gutter systems are often serving as perfect shelter for bacterias and fungus that result in harmful damage to the crop and production."
In order to improve this, Hydroponic Systems has developed a new spacer that keeps the substrate material in a high and dry environment. "Our new hydroponic spacer is 6 cm high, 3.5 cm higher than the current offer," said Vahid Bagheri of Hydroponic Systems. "It is a simple solution that has big influences; a better ventilation between the drainage gutter and the substrate, no more clogging and faster drainage flow. As a result of this, the disease pressure is lowered because less botrytis is formed in a dry environment. This will eventually increase the net yield as well."
Another improvement on the new gutter system from Hydroponic Systems, are the clips to mount the dripper line on the gutter. When leaks, or any errors occur to the dripper line, the gutter will always transport the leaking water away, so no more water is leaking into the greenhouse. Besides this, the dripper line is always stored on a safe spot, and further damage caused by workers is eliminated.
The system guarantees that the roots will not be in touch with the drainage water. This makes it possible to perform gutter disinfection while the crops are producing, in case some undesirable bacteria is detected.
Hydroponic Systems solution are available via local installers and greenhouse supplies companies such as Netafim, Label Pack, Inveco, Richel, Metaliser, Inverca, Rimex, Serretek, Stolze and Plastinver.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-28 PV shade screens for greenhouses, agrivoltaics
- 2022-11-18 3-in-1 sensor to simultaneously monitor soil-based production
- 2022-11-16 “The garage door is one of the most important parts of a passive solar greenhouse”
- 2022-11-16 Even more energy saving possible with energy-efficient fan
- 2022-11-16 Introduction video: see strawberry harvesting robot in action
- 2022-11-14 Grower tries 'V-shape' steering, already sees positive results
- 2022-11-10 Otto: the IPM scouting and yield forecasting greenhouse robot
- 2022-11-09 Building the right facility for the indoor cultivation operation
- 2022-11-08 ProSeal extends automatic case packer range
- 2022-11-01 Cutting produce with water: "the produce stays fresher"
- 2022-10-25 Yield prediction in vine tomatoes: towards one robot for all tomato varieties
- 2022-10-21 SA: Expert warns that cyber threats to smart farming could threaten food security
- 2022-10-18 Stopping condensation droplets from absorbing light and promoting pathogens
- 2022-10-14 The latest innovations for aquaponics and vertical farming
- 2022-10-05 “A million gallons of water that could be recycled or repurposed”
- 2022-09-29 How to solve efficiency in farm processing
- 2022-09-27 "Increasing adoption of ag robots as more growers ‘get it’"
- 2022-09-27 Renting brings crate washing on scale within reach
- 2022-09-27 China's first artificial intelligence 5G agricultural robot comes out
- 2022-09-26 Technology has become the foundation of blueberry cultivation