- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
Catalyst for trade
S. Korea adopts UAE halal certification system
Two years ago, the Halal Development Council called for a unified local and regional certification body because different standards around the world confused consumers and authorities and obstructed trade.
The new centre will exchange information about halal certification with the Emirates Authority for Standardisation and Metrology (Esma).
“There is a lot of trade between the Middle East and Korea,” said Dr Kim Jae-soo, president and chief executive of the Korea Agro-Fisheries and Food Trade Corporation. “There is also a demand for Korean products and it’s increasing year by year.”
The UAE imports about 90 per cent of its food. Opening up another source of imports will allow the Emirates to diversify, avoid shortages and help to meet growing demand.
Retailers expressed interest in stocking South Korean produce.
Humaid Al Hammadi, president of the Emirati-Korean Friendship Society, said the office would deepen relations between the countries.
“In the past five years, people didn’t know much about Korea and its products but, nowadays, we’re finding kimchi in some supermarkets. Once the supply chain is made more halal friendly, they’ll have a big market in the region because the UAE is the gateway to the Middle East.”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-24 UK: Nursery, registration, and supervision requirements to move or send plants for planting to the EU or Northern Ireland for non-commercial purposes
- 2023-01-06 99% of foods are below pesticide residue limits says USDA report
- 2023-01-06 From the road to the plate: lettuce takes up toxic additives from tire wear
- 2023-01-03 Exportadora Copramar recalls James Farms frozen raspberries due to possible health risk
- 2023-01-03 USDA restricts PACA violator in Oregon
- 2023-01-03 US: Recall of products due to possible Salmonella contamination
- 2023-01-02 Australia: Open field spinach contaminated and recalled
- 2023-01-02 The Food Safety Agency calls for caution on the Salmonella outbreak that Norway links to Spanish cucumbers
- 2023-01-02 Baby cucumbers linked to salmonella cases in Western Australia
- 2022-12-09 Shannon Illingworth explains why lettuce and spinach keep getting contaminated with E. Coli
- 2022-11-30 Fenix joins forces with Genesis seeds in the battle against the new race of downy mildew
- 2022-11-18 UK: NFU reminds new Defra Secretary of Rishi Sunak's food pledges
- 2022-11-16 Freshfel warning: Food safety can suffer due to rising energy costs
- 2022-10-26 PlantwisePlus training helps Kenyan growers meet KS1758 food safety standard
- 2022-10-21 Food safety monitoring could be more effective
- 2022-10-07 UK: New data highlights that families are purchasing fewer vegetables
- 2022-10-07 CDC says outbreak linked to Wendy’s sandwiches is over
- 2022-09-22 GHGA recalls various ready-to-eat vegetable products due to possible Listeria Monocytogenes contamination
- 2022-09-22 Various brands of salad products recalled due to pieces of plastic
- 2022-09-20 Agriculture Ministers in Prague: EU must strengthen food security