- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- Rijk Zwaan launches ToBRFV-resistant tomato varieties
- "The fact that you cannot turn on production of food in an instant has come as news to some"
- New bankruptcy of greenhouse horticulture company still surrounded by question marks
- Additional blue light does not affect taste and crop quality when growing basil
- NASA funds scale-up of fluorescent greenhouse roofing technology
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
Asia Fruit Awards: winners unveiled
The Asia Fruit Awards, the annual pan-Asian awards for the fresh produce business, are presented by Asia Fruit Logistica, Asia’s leading fresh fruit and vegetable trade show, and Asiafruit Magazine, the industry’s premier publication.
The awards celebrate excellence and recognise achievement for the best players in Asia’s fresh fruit and vegetable business, with the winners selected by the two organisations.
The Asia Fruit Award is given in three categories – ‘Marketing Campaign of the Year’, ‘Importer of the Year’ and ‘Produce Retailer of the Year’.
Marketing Campaign of the Year Award:
The Marketing Campaign of the Year Award was presented to ‘Now! In Season’, a multi-industry, multi-market promotion for Australian fruits.
The campaign, launched in April by the Victorian State Government in collaboration with Austrade and Horticulture Innovation Australia, takes a whole-of-industry approach to promoting Australian fruits across Asian markets. Through a mix of in-store tastings, point-of-sale materials and networking events, the campaign promotes seasonal Australian produce. Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines were the initial focus for the promotion, which launched with stonefruit, table grapes and apples and pears, with the support of the respective peak industry bodies. Citrus has since been added, with cherries to follow, while the campaign has been rolled out to more markets, including China and Japan.
Importer of the Year:
Chinese group Golden Wing Mau (GWM) won the Importer of the Year Award for the impressive strides made by its import business.
Established in 1998, GWM has evolved rapidly from its origins as a small Shenzhen-based trading company to become an integrated fruit group with operations in production, packing, storage, import-export, wholesale and retail distribution. An early mover to develop its retail distribution business in China, predominantly with domestically-grown fruits, GWM’s network of supermarket customers has increasingly come into play for its imports in recent years. The company has also developed a strong network of wholesale market-based operations, as well as supplying emerging retail channels, such as e-commerce and specialist fruit shops.
On the import procurement side, GWM has built its international sourcing relationships, aided by Capespan’s acquisition of a 25 per cent stake in the company in 2010. The company has also become a leading distributor for Zespri kiwifruit in eastern and southern China as well as handling key national retail accounts.
Produce Retailer of the Year:
Chinese fruit retailer Pagoda Orchard Industry Development Co clinched the Produce Retailer of the Year Award. Specialist fresh fruit retail stores are a fast-expanding sector of China’s food retail market, and Pagoda has been a trailblazer in the segment, said Hey.
The boutique retailer, which sells premium local and imported produce, was commended for its assiduous efforts to select the best product for its customers, underpinned by work with growers and supply partners and its direct import sourcing efforts.
Pagoda was also singled out for the quality of its in-store execution, which is supported by strong management and staff training programmes. The retailer has worked successfully to educate consumers and introduce and develop a wider range of products, said Hey.
The three winners of the Asia Fruit Awards were presented with their trophies and certificates by Gérald Lamusse, managing director of Asia Fruit Logistica organiser Global Produce Events, and Chris White, managing director of Market Intelligence, which publishes Asiafruit Magazine and organises the Asiafruit Congress.
Please visit www.asiafruitlogistica.com for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-07 "Supermarkets didn't get charged more during corona either, did they?"
- 2022-12-05 Photo Report: New York Produce Show
- 2022-12-05 Haifa HortiTech: an international knowledge sharing event
- 2022-12-05 US: FDA to hold webinar on the food traceability final rule
- 2022-11-30 Spanish athlete breaks Guinness World Record by slapping watermelons
- 2022-11-30 Growers, operators and stakeholders unite to address overseas recruitment challenge
- 2022-11-29 BIE General Assembly recognizes Horticultural Expo 2027 Yokohama
- 2022-11-28 Over 400 exhibitors - Amount of visitors at pre-Corona levels
- 2022-11-28 Photo report: GrowTech 2022
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-24 Vertical Farming Conference to address all-round CEA topics
- 2022-11-24 Presentations now available online
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-24 Dutch horticultural companies made their debut at the CIIE
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 Urban agriculture: controlled environment conference set in Dallas
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-21 Indiana Horticultural Conference and Expo returns in person for vegetable, fruit growers
- 2022-11-17 China-Netherlands Plant Variety Protection Workshop