The Conference "Fresh Produce Category: An Era of Change" organized by FruitNews Information Agency and ITE Moscow Exhibition Company will take place on September 15, 2015 in Moscow within the Russian Food Forum of World Food Trade Show. This event is a unique meeting place to conduct business dialog for fresh fruit and vegetables market professionals aiming to exchange experience and consolidate the efforts for fresh produce category development in Russia.
The fresh produce category is one of the most import dependent market segments in Russia. Thus, the previous season was the real “era of change” for the industry. Changes in the geography of shipments, urgent search for new suppliers and development of new trade contacts and logistics links – these changes touched all market participants with no exception. As the result local Russian producers obtained new incentives and opportunities to develop competitiveness of their products. The dialog between farmers, producers, representatives of the industry associations and state organizations will allow conference participants to evaluate changes and perspectives of the industry's development.
The question of cooperation between suppliers and retail chains, which is ultimately very important for both local farmers and processors, as well as for the importers and foreign exporters of fruit and vegetables, is going to be studied within the special discussion session. The retail chains will provide their current and potential suppliers with practical recommendations regarding the terms of cooperation, demand and requirements for fresh produce category items.
The conference will gather representatives of government and controlling organizations, heads of the industry associations and unions, Russian and foreign producers of fresh fruit and vegetables, importers and chain retail specialists.
Representatives of the Russian Ministry of Agriculture and Federal Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance, experts of the Association of Producers, Importers and Exporters of Fresh Produce, the Russian Potato Union, the National Vegetable Producers’ Union, heads of the largest Russian producers and importers of fresh produce, purchasing specialists from national retail chains Magnit and X5 Retail Group will be among the conference speakers.
Click here to find more information and to register for the event or visit the World Food 2015 Food Forum page.
For more information:
Tel: +7 (495) 729-3080+7 (495) 729-3080
Phone: +7 (495) 935-7350+7 (495) 935-7350
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- Research uncovers a new approach to cooling greenhouse irrigation water
- Pepsico’s greenhouse accelerator program call for applications is now open
- What role do weeds play in the transmission of ToBRFV?
- Spain: Phase 1 of tomato glasshouse completed and operational, phase 2 underway
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "We harvest 40,000 heads of lettuce per day"
- How a New Zealand grower has built and is expanding a successful multi-fruit orchard
- Japanese Berry Pop fresh strawberry seeds now available for global markets
- Kuwait: Aeroponic greenhouse to continue country's effort to cut down import
- Spain: Cost of greenhouse tomato production up by 34% in Almería
Fresh Produce Category: An Era of Change
Russian event to further fruit, veg sector development
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-22 GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- 2023-03-20 Join the next ∑-Grow Inside seminar on March 28
- 2023-03-20 The World Pepper Congress will be held in Almeria in May
- 2023-03-17 Consortium to train Senegalese farmers in sustainable vegetable production
- 2023-03-17 AU: Horticulture Field Day at Tatura Smartfarm
- 2023-03-17 China Strawberry Brand Conference 2023 held in Shanghai
- 2023-03-17 'Don’t let the lights go out'
- 2023-03-16 RKW will put their LP-Keder products in the spotlight during the GreenTech Americas
- 2023-03-14 PIB India cluster heads off to Hyderabad and Delhi this April
- 2023-03-13 Packed program at Greentech Americas
- 2023-03-10 HortiFlora Expo Ethiopia comes to an end
- 2023-03-10 UK: CHA organizes comprehensive exhibitor support package for UK suppliers at GreenTech 2023
- 2023-03-10 Wartime berry growing and processing. Conference in Rivne, Ukraine
- 2023-03-07 Priva launches Academy live training sessions
- 2023-03-07 Record-breaking event for 10th anniversary edition of Indoor Ag-Con
- 2023-03-07 More than 20,000 people celebrate Almeria's tomato
- 2023-03-06 Southern Exposure lived up to the expectations once again
- 2023-03-06 Photo report: HortEx Vietnam 2023
- 2023-03-06 Early bird registration deadline for CPMA 2023 fast approaching
- 2023-03-03 Hybrid seminar “Farm to Fork” attracts large crowd from China and the Netherlands