Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Israel to seek bigger role in African development
Netanyahu praises drip irrigation and other Israeli technology at the World Expo
Visiting Israel's pavilion at the World Expo on the outskirts of the city, Netanyahu said cooperation with Italy in Africa would be top of his agenda at talks with his Italian counterpart Matteo Renzi in Florence on Saturday.
The Israeli premier, who is on his first major overseas trip since being re-elected in June, said Israel was a pioneer in the fields of drip-irrigation, water recycling and desalination.
"We have ten times the population we had when the state was founded 67 years ago, and half the rainfall, yet we have no water problems because we were able to solve this with all these techniques," he said.
"Now we are prepared - and are already doing our share to take this information to people around the world so they can have water, they can have crops, they can have cows that produce more milk and many other things that offer betterment for mankind."
"Italy and Israel are today cooperating in one African country to better their agriculture," he added. "Why one? Why not twenty, why not thirty? If we pool our resources, our knowledge, our technology we can help many, many countries in Africa to not only better agriculture and to better life."
Click here to read more at israelnationalnews.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 "We consider every aspect of bell pepper cultivation to keep moving toward energy-neutral farming"
- 2022-08-10 Nova Siri Genetics research for strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-10 Call for research needs in aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- 2022-08-10 "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- 2022-08-10 PT: Biobest steps up presence in Portugal with acquisition of Agronologica, changes name to Biobest Portugal
- 2022-08-10 4 case studies on monitoring and optimizing irrigation
- 2022-08-10 US (CA): Rotational fungicide approved for sale in CA
- 2022-08-10 New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
- 2022-08-10 Shouguang, Shandong: the capital of vegetables in China
- 2022-08-10 “Developing varieties with resistances takes time but it’s an important role we play as plant breeders”
- 2022-08-10 Western Growers mourns the passing of Hank Giclas
- 2022-08-10 India: Yara Growth invests $50M in ag-fintech company
- 2022-08-10 All Florida pesticide exams now available online
- 2022-08-09 US (ID): Syngenta debuts $15 million global vegetable seeds quality control lab
- 2022-08-09 Cualin Quality signs an agreement with Rijk Zwaan to produce Reddery RZ cherry tomatoes at its high-tech facilities
- 2022-08-09 UK: £15,000 vouchers available for horticultural, food and drink research
- 2022-08-09 Acquiring contracting companies results in Veldhoven Loonwerk
- 2022-08-09 Bowery and Arkansas Agricultural Experiment Station to develop disease-resistant spinach
- 2022-08-09 "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"