- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- New greenhouse machine Zeus protects crops and operators
- Photo report HortiContact: Catching up in over 300 photos
- Canada: B.C.'s cool, wet spring playing havoc with farmers
- Dutch strawberry greenhouse Kalteraardbeien closes its doors
- The Netherlands produces almost 7 times more cucumbers per square meter than Spain
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Canadians turn poultry manure into hydroponic fertilizer
Scientists used the aerobic bioreactor to capture nutrients from raw poultry manure. They then used the dissolved organic fertilizer — or digestate — to produce vegetables and tree seedlings in a soilless growing environment.
“The results exceeded all our expectations,” said Savidov. “We demonstrated that we can produce vigorous growth of major nursery crops grown in Alberta and B.C. using poultry manure digestate.”
For example, greenhouse tomatoes grown with digestate had a 15 per cent higher yield than plants given synthetic fertilizer.
Click here for the complete article at the Alberta Farmer Express
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-13 Natural Growth boosts strawberry crop in yield and sweetness
- 2022-05-11 Using an app to use resources more efficiently
- 2022-05-10 "Soaring fertilizer prices put global food security at risk"
- 2022-05-04 Human urine could be an effective and less polluting crop fertiliser
- 2022-04-12 Application for fertilizer efficiency research now open
- 2022-04-12 Sri Lankan coconut industry faces collapse without fertilizer
- 2022-04-12 US (OH): Akron-area farms battle higher costs, led by fertilizer
- 2022-04-07 The Russia-Ukraine war's impact on global fertilizer markets
- 2022-03-31 JBS joins the fertilizer market
- 2022-03-29 Case study on reduced fertilizer use
- 2022-03-29 "Nanobubble tech improves root health, for better quality peppers"
- 2022-03-29 TerraGrow liquid, new microbial plant health promoter
- 2022-03-23 India: Kochi students create low-cost solution that triples hydroponics yield
- 2022-03-23 Research team touts vegetable benefits for used coffee grounds
- 2022-03-18 High fertilizer costs: "even more important to follow agronomic recommendations"
- 2022-03-17 The world's largest strawberry
- 2022-03-16 "Nanobubbles improve root health and lead to better quality peppers"
- 2022-03-15 USDA to invest in innovative American-made fertilizer
- 2022-03-15 Commissioner Nikki Fried shares fertilizer concerns with USDA
- 2022-03-14 Is an effective pesticide which leaves no residue in the environment possible?