- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Specialist Kwekersrecht en Merkenrecht
- Sales Manager - Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
Meet the Biobest UK team
With over a century’s combined experience of developing and implementing IPM strategies and pollination programmes in UK and European edible and ornamental crops, the Biobest UK team is ready for a flying start. Mark Jones and Mark Wilde, both BASIS qualified, will provide specialist technical advice. Tracey Lilliott comes on board with the expertise to ensure the smooth running of the new operations and heads up product forecasting, logistics and invoicing. Additional staff will be recruited in the coming months.
“Committed to keeping abreast of changing crop management practices and challenges, at the Tomato Conference we are unveiling several Biobest advances,” says Phil Walker. ”With our audax hives, we offer a native bumblebee for optimal tomato pollination. Our new electronic hive opening and closing system will improve bee management in lit crops. Growers wishing to evolve to residue-free production will appreciate our extensive range of biological solutions for all major pests.”
The first company to commercially supply bumblebees for crop pollination in 1987, Biobest is a global player leading the way producing the largest range of species to fulfill pollination needs. Biobest also supplies a comprehensive and innovative range of quality biological products including beneficial insects, mites and nematodes as well as innovative biopesticides and products to stimulate beneficials.
For more information:
6 Murston Business Centre
Ashford TN23 7AD
T: +44 1233 367167
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 New survey to quantify catastrophic loss from the ToBRFV
- 2022-01-25 "Start signalling and monitoring thrips on time"
- 2022-01-21 Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- 2022-01-18 US (CA): Devastating virus challenges lettuce growers
- 2022-01-18 India: chilli farmers face threats from invasive pests and demand appropriate tech
- 2022-01-17 Report: German rules on crop protection have major shortcomings
- 2022-01-17 "Paving the way for breeding ToLCV-resistant hybrids"
- 2022-01-12 Controlling greenhouse pests with biological agents in winter
- 2022-01-12 Device sniffs out the "smell-fingerprints" of pestered plants
- 2022-01-11 Spanish Orius-System performance improved with new biodegradable packaging
- 2022-01-07 "Greenhouse sector always on the lookout for alternatives to chemical crop protection"
- 2022-01-05 Restructuring and new managing director at the Andermatt Group
- 2022-01-05 Belgian start-up helps tomato growers protect crops
- 2022-01-05 Improved strategy for thrips control in peppers
- 2022-01-05 Research shows a more environmentally friendly way to control strawberry pests
- 2022-01-03 UV-C study now includes strawberry propagation and other pests
- 2022-01-03 "Heating completely kills virus in water"
- 2021-12-23 Australia: New robot traps pests for 80kms
- 2021-12-23 "Beware the thrips double trouble in bell peppers"
- 2021-12-21 Maximizing the effective life of plant protection products