- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
Swiss company develops sun powered AC system for greenhouses
According to Grutec Fibre's Johann Gruber, up to 1000 kJ/kg of sun energy can be latently stored in these fibers without loss over time. When running a greenhouse with this technique, the plant season may be extended for two to three months without the need of other heat sources like fossil fuels.
More information on the concept is available via Grutec Fibre:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 New bio-based shading agent delivered in powder form
- 2023-01-27 Pakistan's LNG crisis sparks dangerous 'bag gas' trade
- 2023-01-25 How habanero peppers respond to stress
- 2023-01-25 Crisis update: "European price cap could cause sudden market changes"
- 2023-01-23 ‘Green tech investors are looking at the US, not Europe’
- 2023-01-18 Passive sunning: Maximizing the efficiency of intelligent light and water
- 2023-01-13 Tanzania’s tomato growers need solar-powered cold storages
- 2023-01-11 "At current electricity prices, I think economic winter production is impossible"
- 2023-01-10 CAN: Prime Minister, no ‘one size fits all’ solution to curbing climate pollution from farms
- 2023-01-06 US (AK): Farming food and energy on the same land
- 2023-01-04 An electric boiler key to your successful and affordable energy mix?
- 2022-12-20 NL: Grid operators not shocked by growth in electricity demand for greenhouse horticulture
- 2022-12-20 Improving energy efficiency in horticulture by conducting data-driven audits
- 2022-12-19 CombiVliet invests in sustainability for year-round tomato cultivation
- 2022-12-19 Greenhouse horticulture takes and gives to electricity grid
- 2022-12-15 Do dehumidifiers really save energy?
- 2022-12-15 NFU Scotland: ‘Farming must be viewed as critical in energy bill review’
- 2022-12-14 Austria: "Due to high gas prices, we have to plant a little later to be able to save a bit"
- 2022-12-13 Drilling ongoing for geothermal greenhouse project at Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland
- 2022-12-05 Israel: Agrovoltaics project researches potential of obtaining renewable energy