- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US(PA): PennState renovating structures, installs LED systems
The project includes replacement of the heating and cooling systems, upgrades to the ventilations systems, new heating and climate controls, general construction work to doors, floors and benches, and upgrades to the lighting and electrical systems.
The new lighting includes LED crop lighting that will provide numerous benefits, not only in energy savings but also to future research done in the facilities. The previously used high-intensity discharge lamps utilized a lot of energy, much of which was wasted, and generated excess heat. The replacement LED lights have a sleeker appearance, run cooler, only emit the red and blue wavelength used for plant growth, and provide more uniform lighting throughout the greenhouses.
Of the eight greenhouses included in the project, seven are currently offline. Once those are finished, the renovation to the eighth greenhouse will begin. All construction will be completed by December 2015.
Original construction of the greenhouses began in the 1960s and continued through the 1980s. While several of the buildings have been renovated over the years, this project has by far the largest scope and will help minimize future maintenance needs.
Source: psu.ed news release
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-30 US (ME): ‘Crew of octogenarians’ builds greenhouse in Lewiston yard
- 2022-06-30 CAN: Abegweit First Nation invests in food security with new greenhouse
- 2022-06-30 Finnish propagator Sigg-Plant expands capacity with 40%
- 2022-06-29 Twentyfour-year-old Saudi farmer engineers a blooming desert
- 2022-06-29 Canada: Church greenhouse program supports migrant workers
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-28 'Growing together by sharing the Chinese 'pie'
- 2022-06-28 Amazon seeks to convert Great Falls nursery into a greenhouse
- 2022-06-28 Big harvest for muskmelon in Indonesian greenhouse
- 2022-06-28 4-H raffle grand prize greenhouse built by A. E. Peacock students
- 2022-06-27 Kazakhstan greenhouse gets renovated after 30 years
- 2022-06-27 New greenhouse at Highfield Farm boosts production for local food banks
- 2022-06-27 Greenhouse structure is erected in Nepal
- 2022-06-24 Ghana: Kumasi embraces greenhouse cropping technology
- 2022-06-24 Pakistan: Balochistan government installs 396 green tunnels to enhance off-season crop production
- 2022-06-24 Renu Energy Solutions partners with University to power village greenhouse
- 2022-06-23 New 5.000m2 greenhouse project in Iraq
- 2022-06-23 Ukraine: cabinet allocates grants to create gardens and greenhouses
- 2022-06-22 Coating as a base, screens as "emergency brake"
- 2022-06-21 US (NH): How a new greenhouse project in Berlin aims to help produce more local food