- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "Our foliage plants grow bigger, faster, and more efficiently"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
Turkey: Governor signs plans for 21 million Euro greenhouse project
The investment will be implemented over 5 years, according to Pala, “The first stage is a €7 million glasshouse to be constructed on 37,000 m2. Produce will be cultivated hydroponically and the district’s Hamambogazi springs will provide hot water. In order for the hot water to reach the greenhouses around 3.5 kilometres of pipeline will be laid. Upon provision of adequate water and land we aim to establish 200 acres of glasshouses within 5 years. When the land is covered with glass greenhouses, we will have realized an approximately €21 million in investments,” he said.
The first stage will provide work opportunities for 40-50 people, explains Pala, “We will fill the positions with people from the region, with the exception of management positions. In addition, we have received the necessary permission to provide energy for the glasshouses by means of investing in wind energy. We have now started work on the investment, we will plant for the first time in January 2016 and we want to get our first produce in March. For the first year our target is to produce 1,800 tons of tomatoes, after the 5 years of investment in the 200 acres of greenhouse, we are aiming to realise 9,000 tons of tomato production. The tomatoes produced will provide both for the domestic market and for export.”
Governor Yavuz states that the investment is important both for the Usak province and for the country’s economy. He emphasises that the investment will provide work opportunities for local people and should serve as an example; he also expresses his full support for the project and thanks the investors for their investment and efforts.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Arboretum installs quarantine house and filtered rainwater system to further sustainability efforts
- 2022-11-30 US (WY): Enactus members construct greenhouse for Riverview residents
- 2022-11-29 Air raid shelter becomes underground farm in Clapham, south London
- 2022-11-28 Snacking trend leads to increased year-round production of mini cucumbers
- 2022-11-28 India: Krishnagiri growers are discovering the benefits of CEA
- 2022-11-28 US (AK): BIA awards T&H $2 million for greenhouse expansion project
- 2022-11-25 State media review: North Korea rewards greenhouse workers with new homes
- 2022-11-25 Influence of exogenous application of glycine betaine on strawberry
- 2022-11-23 How to install a double-layer inflated plastic
- 2022-11-22 UK: Heating system explodes on Essex farm, setting greenhouse on fire
- 2022-11-15 Maurice adopted ValkTwinRail ventilation system in its greenhouse in the Netherlands
- 2022-11-14 Texas A&M AgriLife seeks input on controlled environment agriculture
- 2022-11-11 Omaha restaurant uses greenhouse to grow their produce
- 2022-11-08 Philippines: Harnessing digitalization for smart agriculture
- 2022-11-04 US (KY): AppHarvest opens 30-acre indoor farm to grow strawberries and cucumbers
- 2022-11-04 Uzbekistan: Measures defined to support greenhouses
- 2022-11-04 "Urban greenhouses need to be intergrated with the urban environment"
- 2022-11-03 Canadian greenhouse season transitions into Mexico
- 2022-11-02 50 million USD geothermal greenhouse to be established in Kirsehir, Türkiye
- 2022-11-01 Banana growers from Hatay, Türkiye note that greenhouse production costs cause production decline