FiveStar Gourmet Foods has launched two new gourmet salad lines: Simply Fresh Organic™, featuring non-GMO, Certified Organic ingredients and Simply Fresh Gourmet™, featuring non-GMO conventional and organic ingredients — both with no artificial ingredients or preservatives. Both lines are now available at Costco.
"We created these two salad lines to fill a major void in the marketplace for affordable gourmet salads. Our retail partners were also asking us to combine our restaurant quality expertise with our organic capabilities for the fresh salad segment. We responded with a great lineup of salads, and the corresponding consumer response has been overwhelming, with sales significantly outpacing our initial projections.
"We collaborated closely with Costco to customize products that their members would love. We’re a culinary driven company with a team of culinary professionals that are continuously pursuing the best dining experiences possible. Combining our love for great food with Costco’s understanding of consumers’ tastes created a perfect pairing," says founder and CEO Tal Shoshan, himself a classically trained chef.
Shoshan summed it up: “While developing our new Simply Fresh salad lines for Costco, we realized it wasn’t a complicated process. We start in the fields with fresh, clean ingredients, capture that freshness, and deliver it overnight to their stores. It’s not rocket science, it’s Simply Fresh”.
For more information:
FiveStar Gourmet Foods
Tel: +1 (877) 546-8763
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- Research uncovers a new approach to cooling greenhouse irrigation water
- Pepsico’s greenhouse accelerator program call for applications is now open
- What role do weeds play in the transmission of ToBRFV?
- Spain: Phase 1 of tomato glasshouse completed and operational, phase 2 underway
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "We harvest 40,000 heads of lettuce per day"
- How a New Zealand grower has built and is expanding a successful multi-fruit orchard
- Japanese Berry Pop fresh strawberry seeds now available for global markets
- Kuwait: Aeroponic greenhouse to continue country's effort to cut down import
- Spain: Cost of greenhouse tomato production up by 34% in Almería
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-20 Spring seasonal vegetables include agretti, strigoli, and radicchio
- 2023-03-17 Tasty Tom gets a new look
- 2023-03-15 Can plastic pads provide the same air cooling as paper pads?
- 2023-03-01 Greenhouse grown strawberry tomatoes make their debut
- 2023-02-15 Up to 15 percent more yield and increased resistance
- 2023-02-15 Extending lifespan of substrate while improving plant growth and lower disease pressure
- 2023-02-09 "Presenting Europe's lightest PP bucket"
- 2023-02-07 Three new AVA™ strawberry varieties launched
- 2023-02-01 Scanner uses algorithms and NIR sensor to identify freshness of avocados and strawberries
- 2023-01-30 New tray system launched improving under-canopy airflow
- 2022-12-23 "In today's inflationary environment, choice of horticultural twine is an investment decision"
- 2022-12-16 Air bubble film to boost yields and protect greenhouses from the elements
- 2022-11-29 Australia: baby cucumbers launch limited edition football pack to promote as a healthy sporting snack
- 2022-11-08 New blackberry and raspberry launching in 2023
- 2022-10-25 ‘Kawaguchi RZ meets Chinese consumers’ requirements for pink tomatoes’
- 2022-10-21 New snack packaging for tomatoes unveiled
- 2022-10-19 "We have launched a reuseable 4G wireless temperature and humidity location recorder with light sensors"
- 2022-10-18 “Company clothing is part of the operation in terms of hygiene, appearance, and comfort”
- 2022-10-12 Dutch bell pepper grower gets new automated crate processing line
- 2022-10-05 Shock-sensing data logger with food shapes replicate movement of fruit and vegetables during handling and transport