The courseThis course gives an in-depth overview of the issues surrounding postharvest handling of fresh produce, including:
- Up-to date insights in the biology of postharvest (flower) development, ripening and deterioration.
- Current technologies for storage, packaging and handling of fruit, (fresh-cut) vegetables, flowers and potted plants.
Target AudienceThis course is designed for technical professionals responsible for quality assurance, research and extension activities related to fresh produce quality, safety and marketability. The target audience consists of researchers and quality control personnel in the produce and breeding industry and business, government or academic professionals. Some prior (practical) knowledge concerning storage and packaging of fresh horticultural produce is required. If you have doubts whether this course is right for you, or whether you have enough basic knowledge, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
• Date: 13-16 October 2015
• Price: € 2.095
• Register before: September 22, 2015
• Location: Wageningen UR Campus, Wageningen, The Netherlands
• Max. participants: 30
• Lecturers are from Wageningen UR and UC Davis, Postharvest Technology Center
• Lectures and course materials are in English