HSE's Chemicals Regulation Directorate will be holding two identical one day workshops aimed at providing training on data requirements for the EU approval of active substances and their plant protection products regarding the identity, the physicochemical properties and methods of analysis under Regulation EC 1107/2009. These workshops will be held at Mallard House in York on Thursday 1st October and Thursday 8th October, 2015. Registration will begin from 9.00am. The workshops will start at 9:30am and finish around 4.30pm. The cost of attending the workshop will be £430.00 (plus 20%VAT) per delegate.
Format of the day
The event will cover new legislation and data requirements, with particular emphasis on the revised guidance document produced by CRD for the generation of data on the physical, chemical and technical properties of plant protection products under Regulation EC 1107/2009. The event will be designed specifically for technical and regulatory staff involved in the production and submission of data to CRD.
It is proposed that the programme will cover areas including:
- Overview of the current and new data requirements for active substances and Plant Protection Products
- New guidance on the generation of data on the physical, chemical and technical properties of plant protection products under Regulation EC 1107/2009 produced by CRD
- Methods of analysis requirements and EU guidance including revisions to SANCO documents
- Technical equivalence – update to changes in CRD's procedures for sifting and evaluation of equivalence applications
- Formulation changes – major or minor?
- Common problems with applications and submitted data
- Future developments
A programme and full details of the day are available on the events section of the CRD pesticides website (please note we reserve the right to amend the content if appropriate, without prior notification).
Given the nature of these events, places will be limited to a maximum of 16 people per workshop, and will be issued on a first-come first-served basis.
If you would like to register for either workshop, please contact our administration team at email@example.com to request an application form stating which date you would like to attend. The closing date for applications is 7th September, 2015.