- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- "At the end of the day, everyone has to pay a higher price for the gas”
- Abu Dhabi: $84m contract for building two hydroponic farms
- Oishii opens new product segment by introducing $20 berries
- Researchers develop new plant wearable device to monitor water stress in crops
- Australia: Using BioClay technology to protect plants against whitefly
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
US: Infinite Gold melon: long shelf life, high-yield, infinite flavor
“The melon is highly valued for its holding ability in the field, allowing more flexibility when it comes to harvest, long-distance transportation and prolonged freshness on the retailer’s shelf, in the professional chef’s kitchen and on the consumer’s counter. Infinite Gold is the next big thing in cantaloupes, where strong performance meets great fruit quality,” stated Gattis Guffey, Senior Melon Product Development Manager at Sakata. “Infinite Gold delivers durability, yield and flavor, which means growers and suppliers no longer have to sacrifice one for the other.”
The long shelf life characteristics of Infinite Gold help to provide growers with some flexibility in harvest timing based on weather, market prices or the availability of labor. They can be harvested in as little as two to three trips. Fewer passes save money on fertilizer, use less water and require fewer people and machines, also reducing the risk of contamination and minimizing food safety hazards.
Typically, developing an LSL melon had to come at the cost of overall flavor, but not anymore. Infinite Gold offers the rich flavor and deep coloring that consumers love, creating the perfect balance between melony, musky, sweet and floral. In fact, the flavor of Infinite Gold has ranked higher than the leading competition in flavor, texture, aroma and overall quality in two separate third party research studies.
“What we have done is develop a premium melon that provides benefits at all levels of the supply chain,” said Guffey. “Not only do growers experience the benefits, but packers, shippers, foodservice distributors, processors, retailers and consumers all reap the rewards. At Sakata, we believe in Infinite Gold and we’re committed to educating all levels of the industry and the consumer about its amazing benefits.
Sakata invites PMA Foodservice attendees to come taste the Infinite Gold difference for themselves. The company will serve Infinite Gold Margaritas and appetizers made with the melon during the Networking Lounge and Education Center Happy Hour on Friday, July 24 at 3:00 p.m. in the Monterey Marriott.
Visit InfiniteCantaloupe.com for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-19 Hebei Lantan: Our planters are good in drainage
- 2022-05-09 “TempU08 Disposable USB temperature data logger with LCD Screen is better at recording temperature changes during transport”
- 2022-05-06 Mom-approved snack boards for Mother’s Day
- 2022-05-04 Gideon launches Trey, the autonomous forklift for trailer loading and unloading
- 2022-05-03 Aurora: Our new circular array zigzag plant growth lamp improves energy efficiency by 25%
- 2022-04-28 Breaking down walls to introduce farming into existing buildings
- 2022-04-26 France: Innovations at Savéol
- 2022-04-19 Syngenta presents new colorful set of peppers
- 2022-04-19 Australia: Spinach recall issued over salmonella fears
- 2022-04-08 Amela wins the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award
- 2022-03-24 GrowArt: The market space for planting towers needs to be improved
- 2022-03-21 "We have introduced the Frigga 4G range of Real Time Data Loggers"
- 2022-03-14 Vertical Farms in containers - economic sustainability to be assessed before everything
- 2022-03-09 Malling Fruits reports big interest in everbearer strawberry
- 2022-03-04 What is the future of the Metaverse for indoor agriculture?
- 2022-02-24 “We present the TempU8B single-use USB temperature humidity data logger with higher accuracy"
- 2022-02-24 History of biological pollination in UK tomato crops
- 2022-02-22 New finance option allows growers to receive 96% of shipment’s value in 24 hours
- 2022-02-16 Syngenta's winter cherry tomato is 100% Sicilian
- 2022-02-14 Edible coating on snack cucumbers to meet rising demand for sustainability