During the evening of the 8th of July, the Seminis melon team celebrated under Mediterranean circumstances, with several European retailers and traders the successful launch of Orange Candy®.
What is Orange Candy®?
Orange Candy® is a new yellow skinned, orange fleshed melon. The variety is compact, has high sugar content and is delicious.
Why is Orange Candy® unique?
This is a unique melon with; better organoleptic qualities (taste / aroma / flavor), naturally sweet, high brix level 13-15.5, and offers better consistency for consumers
During the evening, visitors had the opportunity to discover the unique characteristics of this variety for themselves by, for example, with Orange Candy® sushi!
Seminis Trade Partnership lead Javier Soto told the audience that the customer / consumer feedback of this new melon is very positive. Consumers that they would buy Orange Candy® again, based on its innovative characteristics.
At the end of the evening, a group photo was taken to remember the event.
For more information about availability of Orange Candy® you can contact the business partners Bollo International Fruits from Valencia, Anecoop from Valencia and Unica Group from Almeria.
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- Research uncovers a new approach to cooling greenhouse irrigation water
- Pepsico’s greenhouse accelerator program call for applications is now open
- What role do weeds play in the transmission of ToBRFV?
- Spain: Phase 1 of tomato glasshouse completed and operational, phase 2 underway
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "We harvest 40,000 heads of lettuce per day"
- How a New Zealand grower has built and is expanding a successful multi-fruit orchard
- Japanese Berry Pop fresh strawberry seeds now available for global markets
- Kuwait: Aeroponic greenhouse to continue country's effort to cut down import
- Spain: Cost of greenhouse tomato production up by 34% in Almería
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-20 Spring seasonal vegetables include agretti, strigoli, and radicchio
- 2023-03-17 Tasty Tom gets a new look
- 2023-03-15 Can plastic pads provide the same air cooling as paper pads?
- 2023-03-01 Greenhouse grown strawberry tomatoes make their debut
- 2023-02-15 Up to 15 percent more yield and increased resistance
- 2023-02-15 Extending lifespan of substrate while improving plant growth and lower disease pressure
- 2023-02-09 "Presenting Europe's lightest PP bucket"
- 2023-02-07 Three new AVA™ strawberry varieties launched
- 2023-02-01 Scanner uses algorithms and NIR sensor to identify freshness of avocados and strawberries
- 2023-01-30 New tray system launched improving under-canopy airflow
- 2022-12-23 "In today's inflationary environment, choice of horticultural twine is an investment decision"
- 2022-12-16 Air bubble film to boost yields and protect greenhouses from the elements
- 2022-11-29 Australia: baby cucumbers launch limited edition football pack to promote as a healthy sporting snack
- 2022-11-08 New blackberry and raspberry launching in 2023
- 2022-10-25 ‘Kawaguchi RZ meets Chinese consumers’ requirements for pink tomatoes’
- 2022-10-21 New snack packaging for tomatoes unveiled
- 2022-10-19 "We have launched a reuseable 4G wireless temperature and humidity location recorder with light sensors"
- 2022-10-18 “Company clothing is part of the operation in terms of hygiene, appearance, and comfort”
- 2022-10-12 Dutch bell pepper grower gets new automated crate processing line
- 2022-10-05 Shock-sensing data logger with food shapes replicate movement of fruit and vegetables during handling and transport