- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- Zimbabwe: 'Take advantage of demand for organic crops'
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Russia's Gazprom cuts off natural-gas supply to the Netherlands
- New semi-closed greenhouse solution launched
- "Minimizing the work in the greenhouse is our main goal"
- Can the Dutch vegetable greenhouse chain bear the increasing costs?
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
4-5 November, 2015
Ninth UK onion and carrot conference
We are pleased to report that Dr Mary Ruth McDonald, a professor in the Department of Plant Agriculture, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada has accepted our invitation and will present in the morning at the Onion Conference. Her research focuses on plant diseases and integrated pest management of vegetable crops. The emphasis is on disease forecasting and management, management of insect pests, screening for resistance, biological control and crop nutrients in relation to plant disease.
NFU Horticulture & Potatoes Board Chairman, Guy Poskitt will be talking at the Carrot Conference, updating delegates on industry issues. Chris Cowan of Kantar Worldpanel will be talking on the latest retail trends with specific emphasis on fresh produce and carrots.
The highly popular Conference Dinner will be held on the Wednesday evening at the Holiday Inn Peterborough West, where the guest speaker will be Sean Sparling.
This event is kindly being sponsored by Bayer CropScience and Elsoms Seeds/Bejo Zaden.
If you are interested in booking a trade stand at this event please call the British Onions office. Full programmes for each day will be placed on the website.
For more information:
Tel: +44 01507 353788
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-27 Photo report of the Indoor AgTech '22
- 2022-06-24 Grand Finals Urban Greenhouse Challenge #3
- 2022-06-24 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-24 2022 NCERA-101 Annual/International Meeting in Arizona
- 2022-06-24 Webinar: ‘Opportunities in crop protection in Vietnam’
- 2022-06-23 Global Produce & Floral Show launches
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"
- 2022-06-22 CAN (NS): Horticulture Conference will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in August
- 2022-06-21 German fresh-cut sector needs to catch up with countries such as the Netherlands, UK and USA
- 2022-06-21 Priva hosted an event for various ambassadors and representatives
- 2022-06-20 Light Science Technologies will share expertise at Indoor AgTech
- 2022-06-20 Brace yourselves - GreenTech pictures are here
- 2022-06-17 UKRI awards more than £8m to innovative new farming concepts
- 2022-06-17 Bye bye GreenTech - Monday it's picture time
- 2022-06-17 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses on nutrient management level 1 starts July 11
- 2022-06-16 Final hours of GreenTech get going
- 2022-06-16 Dutch growers welcome visitors during sunny edition of 'Visit the greenhouse'
- 2022-06-15 GreenTech making a comeback
- 2022-06-14 Delphy organizes a well-visited Field Day
- 2022-06-14 Good start for GreenTech