- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
- Robotic system for tomato plant lowering
- US (IN): New greenhouses to bring $258M investment, 185 jobs to South Bend
- The 10 hottest chili peppers in the world
- The pink ribbed Cassarosa tomato is awarded the 2022 Flavor of the Year award
- Growers could measure fruit and vegetable vitamin content themselves
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
US: Southern Living Plant Collection unveils 2015 collection
Among the additions to the collection are five new varieties of Salvia, four new Joy of Living Daylilies and four new Delta Series Crapemyrtles. Other debuts include Chef’s Choice Rosemary, ‘Beyond Blue’ Festuca, award-winning ‘Lemon Lime’ Nandina, ‘Poquito’ Banana, Illumination ‘Flame’ Digiplexis, and distinctly Southern Scentsation Gardenia.
Fast-growing Salvia is good for adding color to landscapes and will perform well in full sun to part shade, with bright flowers and long bloom seasons (year-round in frost-free climates).
Joy of Living Daylilies add drought and disease resistance to the garden. They re-bloom for long-lasting appeal.
The Delta Series of Crapemyrtles are moderate- to fast-growers that do well in full sun to partial shade. Characterized by unique burgundy, cupped leaves, they also bloom profusely.
Chef’s Choice Rosemary was selected for its higher oil content and spicy flavor. With a compact, mounding habit, this is the Rosemary of choice for container, herb and kitchen gardens.
'Beyond Blue' Festuca’s has blue foliage that grabs the eye with color throughout the season and no browning.
'Lemon Lime' Nandina is the first heavenly bamboo with lime green new growth, and was honored with a Retailer’s Choice Award at SNA 2014.
“Just right” ‘Poquito’ Banana quickly grows to about 3 feet high, working well in containers or as a border. New growth boasts red spots against green leaves.
Illumination ‘Flame’ Digiplexis will illuminate landscapes with packed pink to red-orange flowers enhanced with yellow throats. The sterile blossoms and long bloom time will set senses afire.
Distinctly Southern Scentsation Gardenia will create a stir in gardens with re-blooming tiny, fragrant single white blossoms spring to fall.
View all the 2015 introductions to the Southern Living Plant Collection at http://southernlivingplants.com/new_introductions/ to find plants that will dazzle consumers and are ideal for their needs.
For more information
Southern Living Plant Collection
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 "It is more challenging to grow in South Korea than in the Netherlands"
- 2022-01-26 US: Lighting partnership to market LED growing lights
- 2022-01-26 The 6th anniversary of the Stefix 135 ground cover floor sweeper
- 2022-01-26 Pandemic workforce modelling tool to help keep produce flowing to retail shelves
- 2022-01-26 Mellantas cucumber nursery continues under new ownership
- 2022-01-26 Switzerland: Vertical farming pilot plant in operation
- 2022-01-26 China: The sun is shining on the Dutch-style greenhouse at Fancun Town industrial town
- 2022-01-26 China: Haisheng modern agricultural intelligent greenhouse project to speed up construction
- 2022-01-26 Ørjan Aukland appointed as new CEO of GreenCap Solutions
- 2022-01-26 Plenty raises another $400 million
- 2022-01-25 Two Australian family brands partner together to celebrate loved Aussie produce in pickled form
- 2022-01-25 US (IN): New greenhouses to bring $258M investment, 185 jobs to South Bend
- 2022-01-25 Swiss crop electrophysiology specialist is a registered B Corporation
- 2022-01-25 The pink ribbed Cassarosa tomato is awarded the 2022 Flavor of the Year award
- 2022-01-25 Calls for proposals to promote European agri-food products launched
- 2022-01-25 "Our facility can be customized based on your needs and type of crop"
- 2022-01-24 Dutch horticulture protests to draw attention to energy crisis
- 2022-01-24 Production of Dutch company's new site's screen cloth begins
- 2022-01-21 Business trends in China's agri-horticultural sector in the coming years
- 2022-01-21 US (NC): Allison Ballantyne appointed new assistant manager with environmental horticulture program