- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Ireland: Produce conference in Dublin underway
The conference is an opportunity for those involved in the sector to meet and talk about relevant political and economic developments.
It will discuss a number of issues including marketing innovation and the reform of the new Common Market Organization (CMO) for fruit and vegetables.
Conference attendees will also have the opportunity to get to know the Irish fruit and vegetable sector more closely. The can visit either CMP (Commercial Mushroom Producers) in Monaghan, Ireland’s largest mushroom producer organisation representing 90% of Irish mushroom production and growers. Or they can visit the head office of Keelings in Dublin. Keelings is a 100% Irish-owned family business, focused on growing, sourcing, marketing, and distributing fresh produce.
Minister of State with Special Responsibility for Horticulture Tom Hayes welcomed delegates from producer organisations across Europe and highlighted the very competitive environment in which fruit and vegetable producers operate. He referred to the dominance of the multiple sector in Ireland, and across the EU, and said that “an effective producer organisation offers producers the best opportunity to address issues relating to their scale of production and their limited bargaining”.
Minister Hayes also highlighted the need for certainty in the operation of the EU Producer Organisation Scheme, and welcomed Commissioner Hogan's commitments in relation to the simplification of the fruit and vegetables regime.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 Spanish athlete breaks Guinness World Record by slapping watermelons
- 2022-11-30 Growers, operators and stakeholders unite to address overseas recruitment challenge
- 2022-11-29 BIE General Assembly recognizes Horticultural Expo 2027 Yokohama
- 2022-11-28 Over 400 exhibitors - Amount of visitors at pre-Corona levels
- 2022-11-28 Photo report: GrowTech 2022
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-24 Vertical Farming Conference to address all-round CEA topics
- 2022-11-24 Presentations now available online
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-24 Dutch horticultural companies made their debut at the CIIE
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 Urban agriculture: controlled environment conference set in Dallas
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-21 Indiana Horticultural Conference and Expo returns in person for vegetable, fruit growers
- 2022-11-17 China-Netherlands Plant Variety Protection Workshop
- 2022-11-17 Industry 4.0 food factory of the future event at CAFRE
- 2022-11-17 New date change for the NovelFarm trade show
- 2022-11-16 Austria: Innovation award for indoor farming company
- 2022-11-16 Creating value with less: a hot theme at Global Berry Congress 2022