- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Mexico: Greenhouse constructor association AMCI held annual meeting
With participation of representatives of manufacturers, builders and suppliers integrating the members of the AMCI, the 2013-2014 Board chaired by Eng. Francisco Chaín Castro welcomed the attendees and proceeded to read the Agenda stated and published.
As a starting point, AMCI had the participation of Lic. Jose Luis Meza Villarreal, National Manager of Agribusiness at Scotiabank, with the conference entitled “Financing to Agribusiness, current situation and perspective”, where he exposed how is the greenhouse industry looking in Mexico and the credits available for next year.
The large turnout of all the attendees was remarkable, which supported all the agreements. Among the most important items approved, it was the amendment to the original bylaws of the AMCI, to allow a greater involvement of actively associated companies with mixed and foreign capital, so they can be involved in the new 2015-2016 Board.
The activity report of the Board in its last work year 2014 was read, and the financial report was submitted. Also, it was approved an increase in the amount of the annual fee for members in 2015, which will strengthen the finances of the AMCI and will give greater openness to new projects.
AMCI sets forth in its bylaws the renewal of the Board every two years. On this occasion, a single party headed by Lic. Ricardo Garcia Balderrama was registered, who is the Representative and CEO of North American Allied, manufacturer and greenhouse builder located in Los Mochis, Sinaloa. After all the attendees voted, and by a unanimous response, it will be until next January 1st, 2015, when the 2015-2016 AMCI Board takes office. It will be represented as follows:
PRESIDENT: Ricardo Garcia
SECRETARY: Alex Pacheco
TREASURER: Francisco Chaín
VOCAL: Luis Jorge Villarreal
VOCAL: Jorge Cigarroa
VOCAL: David Saenz
VOCAL: Jose Luis Jimenez
VOCAL: Fabian Hernandez
VOCAL: Mario Alvarado
This working group will give the Association a positive pulse for its growth, thus achieving the proposed goals for next year.
After a dinner sponsored by MAACSAA Company, the Ninth General Ordinary Meeting was closed, saying thanks and recognizing the work of the outgoing Board, reminding all the attendees the importance of their support in building this industry.
For more information in regards to AMCI:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 SmartWash Boost pretreatment eliminates 99.5% of pathogens before produce reaches wash lines
- 2022-07-01 HDG Survey Group: Six companies that can handle fruit and vegetable businesses' quality management, globally
- 2022-07-01 "We're central to handling everything for our clients in far-off destinations"
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-07-01 88.7% of Italian families purchased tomatoes over the past 12 months
- 2022-06-30 From Master to Prestige: a more responsive approach
- 2022-06-30 UAE agritech startup raises $180 million for Asia expansion
- 2022-06-30 UK: Infarm starts operating vertical farming facility in Bedford
- 2022-06-30 Coöperatie Hoogstraten receives traders on its Taste Days Soft Fruit
- 2022-06-30 New cardboard packaging for The Greenery's soft fruit and fruit-vegetables
- 2022-06-30 Instar Asset Management partners with indoor mushroom grower
- 2022-06-30 Agro Care celebrates with grand anniversary party
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 The Horticultural Innovation Center of the National Agricultural Science and Technology Park is open
- 2022-06-30 NL: Jan Willem de Vries appointed as Officer in the Order of Orange-Nassau
- 2022-06-30 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-30 Shelf life, eating qualities, and more factor into new vegetable varieties
- 2022-06-30 These are hard times for any player in the fresh chain
- 2022-06-30 US (NJ): Historic facility turned into vertical farm, farm store, restaurant, teaching kitchen, and more