- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Trial on optimization of light utilization in winter tomato cultivation
The trial, apart from harvest optimization and crop improvement, has a clear energy-related target. It may be assumed that in an optimal crop, there’s no unnecessary evaporation emanating from leaves. Reducing the total evaporation requires less moisture deduction.
Both companies deploy three leaf picking strategies, wherein 33%, 44% and 55% of the total number of leaves is removed from the crop. By closely monitoring the crop during the test, growers can determine the effect of different leaf picking strategies and the additional effects on growth rate, leaf development, production, fruit weight and LAI.
The trial will likely run until week 15 of the next year. After that it will be decided whether the study continues until the end of the growing season.
Source: Proeftuin Zwaagdijk
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: