- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- The age of counting sticky traps will soon be over, thanks to AI and vision systems
- Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- $130 Japanese melon is the "Ferrari of melons"
- Finland: Robots will pollinate vegetables in greenhouses
- 'Local presence has further strengthened customer relations'
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Don Mastronardi honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
"Throughout the years, Donny has been an incredible influence on the produce industry," said Frank Spagnuolo, Senior Category Director at Loblaws. "He is a supportive mentor to all around him, and a kind, charismatic man who people crowd around, just to be around him and hear what he has to say. He is an amazing businessman and the true Tomato Master."
At just 25 years old, Don was propelled into the family business after his father’s sudden passing. His days were spent working at the family’s newly acquired Harry Becker Company in the Detroit Market from 4am till noon, returning to Leamington to sell the family’s greenhouse harvest till suppertime, as well as managing the local Chrysler dealership, Mastronardi Motors.
As a Canadian working the North American market, Don learned a lot about importing and exporting and how crucial it was to set yourself apart from the competition. He combined these skills with his knack for unparalleled customer service to build SUNSET’s reputation for high quality, flavorful produce year round, and impeccable customer service.
In the 90s, Mastronardi sparked a movement and truly distinguished himself as a leader in the produce industry. Realizing the fragile state of the greenhouse industry, he led a co-operative sales group called Fresh Sales, which brought prosperity back to greenhouse growers.
Following that success, Don further changed the industry in 1994 by building a 40-acre greenhouse, the largest single greenhouse at the time and the first of its kind in North America. Just one year later, he launched Campari® Brand Tomatoes, the most recognized tomato brand in the world.
It is Donny’s innovative spirit and passion for quality and customer service that has truly set SUNSET® apart and allows them to continue to be pioneers in the industry.
"I'm speechless," said Mastronardi. "It's incredibly humbling to be presented with this award among so many innovators and professionals. This is a true honor."
For more information: www.sunsetgrown.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-20 Improve greenhouse management efficiency to counter lack of labor
- 2022-06-14 No drama with climate management at Drama greenhouse, Greece
- 2022-06-06 Leafy greens and vine crops grow in tropical Thai greenhouse
- 2022-06-06 Dubai grower helps tropical fruit thrive through modern methods
- 2022-06-02 New blueberry variety thriving at Australian grower
- 2022-05-27 Labor and inflation major challenges for the UK soft fruit industry
- 2022-05-25 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-23 "A horticulturist will always have a good foundation for a position with a breeder"
- 2022-05-20 Consuming environmentally sustainable food one beer at a time
- 2022-05-19 An entrepreneur from the Berdyuzhsky district opened a greenhouse for growing vegetables, seedlings, and herbs
- 2022-05-18 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-13 Ontario premier visits Canadian cucumber greenhouse
- 2022-05-09 US (MA): Roxbury’s Dudley greenhouse gives residents chance to grow their own food
- 2022-05-06 New innings: Pro sportsman trades cricket bat for aquaponics
- 2022-05-06 "You just can’t fool the consumer"
- 2022-05-02 Richard Ward wins the 2021 ANBP Award of Excellence
- 2022-05-02 Irish grower secures new €7.5M contract with Aldi
- 2022-04-22 "Cooperative marketing will prove its worth, even in times of crisis"
- 2022-04-22 Have a look in the Lufa Farms greenhouse
- 2022-04-22 India: Ex-accountant uses hydroponics to help thousands of farmers increase profits by 35%