- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
All-America Selections Award for interspecific impatiens bounce pink flame
Selecta is thrilled to accept a 2015 All-America Selections Award for its Interspecific Impatiens Bounce Pink Flame. This disease-tolerant variety performed beautifully in trials nationwide, which was the first season for vegetatively propagated plant entries for AAS.
In Pennsylvania, the Peace Tree Farm trial managers were a “big fan” of this variety. “The flower colour was bright and caught your eye from afar,” according to comments on the evaluation report. At the University of Guelph in Ontario, Canada, Bounce was “noticeably more floriferous than the comparisons”; the liners were starting to bloom when they received their shipment. And at Neal Mast in Michigan, they found Bounce to have a “nicer, more rounded habit” with a “much higher flower count all summer.”
“Securing an All-America Selections win for Bounce Pink Flame is a great validation that this plant performs in many garden conditions. Selecta is very happy to be recognized in national trials for this variety, and we look forward to providing home gardeners a colourful shade solution,” says Monique Hakkert, product marketing manager for Selecta North America.
The Bounce series of impatiens has the look and flower count of I. walleriana, but its interspecific cross makes it resistant to Impatiens Downy Mildew. It thrives in sun and shade applications, and offers bright colour in garden borders or hanging baskets.
As a 2015 AAS winner, supply for Interspecific Impatiens Bounce Pink Flame is available now for immediate sale. Contact your favourite broker for rooted liners. Unrooted cuttings are available from Ball Seed. For further plant information and culture details, visit www.selectanorthamerica.com.
For more information
All American Selections
1311 Butterfield Road, Suite 310
Downers Grove, Il 60515-5625
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2015-10-20 Photo report: International Flower Expo Tokyo 2015
- 2015-04-13 Kenya: Want to know what the true price of a rose is?
- 2015-04-13 World's smallest orchid flower discovered in Brazil
- 2015-04-09 Netherlands: Peonies auctioned for more than 1 euro per stem
- 2015-04-09 New fashion flowers to grow anthuriums in Thailand
- 2015-04-08 Improving the market position of Dutch red rose growers
- 2015-04-07 New combination planter ideas
- 2015-04-03 Mixed indoor flower gardens are popular this Spring
- 2015-04-02 Netherlands: Yellow anthuriums for Easter
- 2015-04-02 AU: A new breed of Aussie hibiscus
- 2015-04-02 Ethiopia cut flower industry blooms wider
- 2015-03-25 "Asia: "More people have money to spend on flowers"
- 2015-03-24 Runway Kenya Airport closed for 30 months
- 2015-03-19 FloraOptima: cut flowers to size, defoliate and bind them
- 2015-03-18 "The Pelargonium is timeless"
- 2015-03-18 Netherlands: Noticeable demand for first spring flowers
- 2015-03-16 "“Sales of flowers are good but Russians are more price conscious"
- 2015-03-16 The first guide to local orchids published in over 30 years
- 2015-03-16 Netherlands: New single-flowered Kalanchoe brand Calanday on tour
- 2015-03-10 Botanist looks to Cambodia for new orchid species