- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Russia's Gazprom cuts off natural-gas supply to the Netherlands
- New semi-closed greenhouse solution launched
- "Minimizing the work in the greenhouse is our main goal"
- Can the Dutch vegetable greenhouse chain bear the increasing costs?
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
IPM Dubai started: tour to desert greenhouses
Yesterday, IPM got underway. The expo is held concurrently with the WOP Dubai trade show and Gulfood Manufacturing. This edition of IPM may not be the largest IPM ever held, but it is an expo that amazes when it comes to the extraordinary projects on display, including a hydroponic and organic nursery in the desert. Exhibitors see opportunities for projects in the Gulf Region, or meet customers visiting the expo.
A teaser: the Taiwan Orchid Growers Association, Bumnong Co., Terracult and the Ugandan cultivation company Mairye Estates Limited
On Saturday, a tour was held, which included a visit to the Desert Group Nursery. The nursery, situated in the desert, not only produces various plant varieties, it also functions as a research centre. There are Plant Protection, Plant Nutrition, Plant Biotechnology and Marketing Research departments.
Outside, the temperature goes up to 50 degrees Celsius in summer. Yet, the Desert Group Nursery succeeds in growing potted plants in the desert.www.desertgroup.ae
Checking the irrigation
Desert Group is also an important research company. Here, the possibilities for propagating banana trees on water are studied. Without a substrate, the trees may be exported.
The expo runs until Tuesday. On Thursday, we’ll be publishing a photo report on the expo.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-27 Kazakhstan greenhouse gets renovated after 30 years
- 2022-06-27 New greenhouse at Highfield Farm boosts production for local food banks
- 2022-06-27 Greenhouse structure is erected in Nepal
- 2022-06-24 Ghana: Kumasi embraces greenhouse cropping technology
- 2022-06-24 Pakistan: Balochistan government installs 396 green tunnels to enhance off-season crop production
- 2022-06-24 Renu Energy Solutions partners with University to power village greenhouse
- 2022-06-23 New 5.000m2 greenhouse project in Iraq
- 2022-06-23 Ukraine: cabinet allocates grants to create gardens and greenhouses
- 2022-06-22 Coating as a base, screens as "emergency brake"
- 2022-06-21 US (NH): How a new greenhouse project in Berlin aims to help produce more local food
- 2022-06-20 India: Irulas' greenhouse dream wilt as government funding dries up
- 2022-06-20 British Columbia: rolling out a greenhouse gutter
- 2022-06-17 Let’s Grow Together: developing an AgTech ecosystem in Kentucky
- 2022-06-16 Armenia: Backyard greenhouse constructions underway in Artsakh
- 2022-06-16 Gartenbau Vogel opens new greenhouse for bell pepper cultivation
- 2022-06-16 Desert strawberries coming to UAE supermarkets
- 2022-06-14 Time-lapse video of the construction of a 15-hectare greenhouse in Canada
- 2022-06-14 CAN: A geodesic greenhouse has been erected at the Matawa Training Centre
- 2022-06-14 From spice girl to greenhouse girl
- 2022-06-14 Leafy greens grow at Central Texas hydroponics farm