- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
Committing to 100% sustainability throughout the chain
The Sustainability Initiative Fruits and Vegetables (SIFAV) covenant was signed earlier this month at their headquarters in De Kwakel, the Netherlands.
The covenant members commit to the following: in January 2014, 30% of companies’ total import will be sustainable, with 50% in January 2015 and finally 100% in January 2020. Kebba Colley, Senior Program Manager Fruits and Vegetables, IDH: “It is a great asset to the covenant that Levarht, a company that works throughout the whole fruit & vegetables supply chain, joined. The covenant is becoming more diverse and international, and its members really set the trend towards producing sustainably across the value chain. I’m positive this trend will catch on and more companies will follow.”
Large companies such as Lidl, Albert Heijn, Jumbo Supermarkets and producers and traders such as the Greenery previously committed to the 100% sustainability target. ICCO, Solidaridad, and Frugi Venta support the covenant with their sector expertise. The program is coordinated by IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative.
For more information:
T: +31 (0)30-230 7872
or +31 (0)6-21147951
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-24 Production of Dutch company's new site's screen cloth begins
- 2022-01-24 Dutch horticulture protests to draw attention to energy crisis
- 2022-01-21 Business trends in China's agri-horticultural sector in the coming years
- 2022-01-21 US (NC): Allison Ballantyne appointed new assistant manager with environmental horticulture program
- 2022-01-21 Snow load damages greenhouse roof in Louis Creek Industrial Park
- 2022-01-21 Rise in differing cargo theft types driven by conditions at congested US ports
- 2022-01-21 "Lead times for material procurement have become significantly longer"
- 2022-01-21 Gruppo Libretti converts 20 hectares to organic cultivation techniques
- 2022-01-20 Fruit and vegetable shortages to worsen as trucker shortages increase
- 2022-01-20 Sakata Seed America welcomes senior biotechnology manager
- 2022-01-20 Bruno Cheval appointed as new CEO of CleanGreens
- 2022-01-20 US (AZ): Agtech to take part in $25 million high-tech farming project
- 2022-01-20 "We are attracting a lot of interest from abroad"
- 2022-01-20 Eco-kultura to invest 200 million in greenhouses in Voronezh region
- 2022-01-19 CEA Advisors teams up with Parus-Europe for crop specific Strawberry Growtainers
- 2022-01-19 CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- 2022-01-19 Machine rental option provides greater flexibility
- 2022-01-19 France: Joint R&D project to develop innovative beauty products
- 2022-01-19 Dutch online supermarket now offers vertically farmed greens
- 2022-01-19 "The demand for blackberries and in particular organic berries is certainly growing"